Resurrect

There is a new show on called Resurrection that I love.  The idea of it is what would happen if loved ones came back from the dead exactly how they last appeared.  So I have to ask...if you could resurrect one person; famous, family member, pet, etc.... who would it be and why?

I'm going to have to go three for three. I would have to bring back my Dad.  He passed a long time ago, and I would love to see him just one time today.  To see if he is proud of who I became, and to have a day so he could see my sister one more time since he passed when she was only one. 

I'd bring back the fabled Jesus of Nazareth, though not for the reasons most would.

I'd want it to be a verifiable event, there would be a public acceptance and grace period to get him educated on the current issues and knowledge of the modern world. Then they would have a public appearance for a world conference. I would want him to give a full account of EVERYTHING that really happened, and i'm sure he'd have some new pieces of his own to add.

But the point is, he would understand the weight of the situation and present ONLY the facts.

Many would not like this, hell a few people here probably don't even like the IDEA of this. But everything from the petty squabbling to the outright hatred and animosity between the devout and those who don't follow that faith or any could no longer have any misunderstanding or ignorance about the whole thing.

Whether or not if anything or everything in the bible were true, if he was truly the man who wanted peace across mankind he would have the most profound effect on not only the debates and differences, but many issues and walls between people in global society.

It wouldn't fix the world for sure, but it'd be a damn big help. (in my opinion anyway)

Archived