Another fake "I wasn't tipped because of whatever" scam....

ThermoNukePanda

Did anyone else read the story about the former Marine turned waitress who claimed "discrimination" by a couple she was serving due to her "lifestyle"?  Here is a link to one of the original stories.

2LVrNPu.jpg

Dayna Morales, pictured just above, claimed that she was not only treated harshly by customers of hers and subjected to ridicule (being called "Dan" for example) but also that upon her customers leaving she suddenly discovered they had left a note that they could not tip her because she was gay.  A line was crossed through the tip box with the note, "Sorry, I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and the way you live your life."

Dayna proceeded to upload a picture of the reciept to a LGBT friendly Facebook page, Have A Gay Day, and the whole thing went viral.  Suddenly she was receiving donations and an outpouring of support, and Dayna decided to declare that she would donate the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior project. 

Well lo and behold those original hateful customers are speaking out, with photo proof of their original receipt and their credit card statement showing the final accurate charge.  See the side by side comparison of Dayna's uploaded photo on the left versus the original on the right.

6TuQLZu.jpg

The wife spoke out on the matter saying, "I just felt like people have a right to know that—it's fine of people want to donate to her or to the Wounded Warriors, but they're doing it under a false pretense,"

Meanwhile Dayna when contacted for interview also stated, "I don't know, all I know is what I've been saying.  That's not my handwriting.  I don't know".  Neither Dayna nor the bistro she works at could provide the receipt for the couple's meal or explain why the family was charged $18 more than Dayna originally claimed.

Stuff like this makes me mad.  Just like that Red Lobster waitress down south who claimed that a couple wrote the "N" word on the tip line and left her nothing.  After she uploaded that to the internet as well, she received over TEN FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS in an online fundraider because of it.  Guess what?  It was bullshit too.  See #4 on this link.  The couple there is in the process of looking to sue the waitress for her claims.

I hate humanity looking to cash in on a quick buck like this. 

I am getting tired of people who take to the Internet to complain about this stuff instead of standing up in the first place, I know in this situation the customer might already have been gone or it didnt happen at all, but alot of these incidents then dont stand up for whats right when it happens then they go home and complain on the Internet, then supposedly there is a big uproar on the internet by however many and the media makes it look bigger than it is. If you want to stand up and fight for what you believe is right then do it when it happens dont work up your courage and make up a story to get a bunch of people who will complain about anything on your side.

Just as a point what if Rosa Parks had gone home and mailed a letter to the bus company instead of standing up for what is right, would she be known as doing something courageous?

Thought you might like this Chris :)  Link

Apparently all of that money she received she was suppose to donate well now her supposed donation to the Wounded Warrior Project is in question, she has been suspended from her waitress job, was dishonorably discharged from the Marines, has a history of lying about brain cancer, damage done to her house by Hurricane Sandy, and also made up stories about supposed casualties she saw while deployed.

Thought you might like this Chris :)  Link

Apparently all of that money she received she was suppose to donate well now her supposed donation to the Wounded Warrior Project is in question, she has been suspended from her waitress job, was dishonorably discharged from the Marines, has a history of lying about brain cancer, damage done to her house by Hurricane Sandy, and also made up stories about supposed casualties she saw while deployed.

Yeah I totally read something about that yesterday.  It only makes me more angry.

I can live with the lying.  I can live with her being a giant douche.  She probably even deserved getting dishonorably discharged.  What makes me the most angry is don't frigging lie about using the money to donate to Vets who actually need it and then pocket the cash.  She deserves jail time now absolutely in my opinion. 

Ugh.  It's frustrating how people can just lie and lie and get outpourings of support from people to raise tons of money and my family and I have been struggling trying to raise money for my mom's bone marrow transplant.  It's the stupid media exposure though of talking about those morons, and then a ton of gullible people just throw money at them.  As MrsBE and Dat said, it's kind of an idiot tax but it's still frustrating.

Archived