It's almost time for more surgery.

Nomadik Kitty

Well, it's almost here. This Tuesday, I have a(nother) bicep repair surgery at 9:30 in the morning. I'm going to be off work for 3 weeks...my surgeon wants me to take 8 weeks off, but there's not way I can afford that, so I talked him down to 3. This is my second bicep repair surgery in less than a year. *sigh* Sadly, it's the other arm this time...my right arm. Ugh...and I drive a stick shift. :( It's gonna be interesting to say the least. Wish me luck. At least I know what to expect...kinda sorta. Lot's of pain and difficulty bathing. Luckily, my b/f has offered to be my sexy male nurse. ;)

Sorry to hear this Kitty .. what happened to your arm?

I fell and tore my right bicep when I tried to catch myself. Stepping in a crack (actually more like a gouge) in the pavement in heels is bad news. I tore the left bicep in September on something even more stupid, so I'm pretty much out of good arms now. :banghead:

@ 9:30 tomorrow, I'm going under the knife. :OMG:

hurt to type? How ya doin?

I'm doing a little better now. Just wanted to let people know that I was alive earlier. Thank goodness for Vicodin, though.

The surgery went okay, but was complicated due to the time between the injury and the surgery. The doctor said that the muscle had retracted pretty far in that time, and I may have worse pain and a longer recovery because of that. They had to give me so much pain medication when I first woke up that they reached the limit for my weight. It finally eased though. Then my b/f rushed me to CVS to pick up my prescription and I took one as he was driving me home.

Anyway, got home and my iPhone 4 had come, so at least there was something good today to balance it out a bit. Well, that and my b/f was super sweet and wouldn't let me lift a finger all day. He's always really sweet though, so that wasn't surprising. *gush, gush* :D

How long are you going to have to take painkillers? You know you could get addicted to that stuff, right?

I'm well aware. I've been through a few surgeries in my time, and have never had a problem coming off of them. I'll probably only need them for two or three weeks and I'm not even taking the max amount now.

Only once have I needed a refill and it was a way more painful surgery than this and it was a much less powerful med than Vicodin.

*Pogre gives Kitty a hug.

Of course that may or may not be a ploy to get some of those pain meds...

Jk :P Hope you have a speedy recovery Kitty, and stop beating yourself up!

Thanks Pogre Bear. I'll give you a one armed hug back.

Why is Pogre gettin' all these free hugs?? .. he was one of the last people to look into this .. I want hug .. but it'll just me a stupid pitty hug now so I don't want one. I'm gonna finish my beer and wait for my coffee to finish brewing.

Why is Pogre gettin' all these free hugs?? .. he was one of the last people to look into this .. I want hug .. but it'll just me a stupid pitty hug now so I don't want one. I'm gonna finish my beer and wait for my coffee to finish brewing.

Well for one thing, Pogre was one of my first ever forum friends and we have over 40 pages of PMs since I had my breakdown and lord knows how many pages before it, when I shared Oh Be 1 with my roomie.

Besides, he hugged me first. I'm not one to throw myself at men, especially married men. Big one armed ((hug though. Just accept the pity hug ya big baby. ;)

Poor thing, I hope you're feeling better

Thanks Avahra. I am, but have some bruising above and below my elbow on my arm. Probably nothing to worry about, but can't remember if that happened on my other arm. I see the doctor on Wednesday though, so I'll just wait until then.

A friend had a birthday dinner tonight, so I went. It was nice getting out of the house for more than just a little walk. I was only gone for a couple of hours, but I was so tired by the time I left. It's strange how when you're recovering, things that normally would be nothing just wipe you out.

Drug report: since Eminutia seemed worried. I'm down to a couple of doses/day tops. So far, only one pill today, after my bath and before the dinner...so around 4:30 or so. May need one before bed, but that's a ways off yet. My sleep is so totally screwed up right now, it's not even funny.

Thanks for the well wishes all. Still hanging in there.

Drug report: since Eminutia seemed worried. I'm down to a couple of doses/day tops. So far, only one pill today, after my bath and before the dinner...so around 4:30 or so. May need one before bed, but that's a ways off yet. My sleep is so totally screwed up right now, it's not even funny.

I was mentioning the drug thing because I was once heavily addicted to them. They controlled me in ways that would make the worse control freaks cringe. I know I mentioned something you already knew, and I don't know why I even mentioned it to you. I guess I was just concerned, because whenever I hear mention of drugs it makes me think of a worse time in my life that I never want to go back to. Talking about it helps.

I was mentioning the drug thing because I was once heavily addicted to them. They controlled me in ways that would make the worse control freaks cringe. I know I mentioned something you already knew, and I don't know why I even mentioned it to you. I guess I was just concerned, because whenever I hear mention of drugs it makes me think of a worse time in my life that I never want to go back to. Talking about it helps.

Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate your concern. I have about the least addictive personality you can imagine. I smoked marijuana once and got bored. I rarely ever drink and have never even "felt like having a beer"...don't even know what that feeling would be like. I gamble when I'm in Vegas, but I take a set amount to throw away and when that's gone, it's gone. I've never gone to the ATM for just a few more hands, or anything like that and with prescription medications, I follow the prescription and when I don't need them, I stop taking them.

Quite frankly, I'm way to freaking boring to be a drug addict. I'm more like the annoying girl in high school who would tell you that you shouldn't try marijuana, because it will ruin your life. :P

You're so lucky. Not to be boring, I mean. I don't think you're boring, but then again we're our own worst critics. If you don't know what addiction is like, listen to a song you hate over and over again, until you like it. I don't think you should do that, just like I don't think you should do drugs.

Ok I'm tired of talking about it. Keep us posted on your progress Kitty.

Ok I'm tired of talking about it. Keep us posted on your progress Kitty.

Don't blame you Sweetie. Sorry if a poked a nerve. I really do appreciate your being worried about it.

I'll be sure to post any upcoming developments. Hopefully, I'll get a good report on Wednesday.

Don't blame you Sweetie. Sorry if a poked a nerve. I really do appreciate your being worried about it.

I'll be sure to post any upcoming developments. Hopefully, I'll get a good report on Wednesday.

You didn't poke a nerve! I was just saying I'm fed up with discussing drugs, cause it just seems that's all I'm educated in, and it's frustrating.

Well went to the follow up appointment with my surgeon. He thought I'd lied to him about when I had the injury. I told him the injury occurred on May 7th, and I guess he thought I was saying that it occurred maybe 7 days ago, or something. :banghead:

No wonder it was worse than he expected it to be.

Anyway, he says it's healing fine, which is good. All the disgusting bruising had me a little worried.

They removed the stitches and want me to see him August 6th. Only problem is that's after I'm supposed to return to work. I forgot to ask if he thinks I'm okay to return and either get a new off-work order if it's not, or get a modified duty order if it is.

Oh well...I'll have to check tomorrow, I guess. His office is in the same building as my GP, and I have an appointment with her tomorrow anyway. :D

Archived