Dragon Dogma

LGWyant

I really enjoyed the game when I played the original on the 360 (not the expansion Dark Arisen part).  Just wait till Rose sees this thread.  She was OBSESSED with that game!  :D

http://www.Gamercide.org/forum/topic/6807-dragons-dogma

I'd bother you, Chris, or one of my other friends that I've done this with, to see if I they had PS+ and I could log on and download it to my PS3 since I want this game but am trying not to spend much on games lately, but I'm pretty sure that Sony has changed their DRM scheme and you can't do that anymore.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1030/

Oddly, I think I can still play all the games from friends I've downloaded in the past.  If I were a console gamer, PS+ certainly seems worth it for all the free games that are actually good.  Either way, I plan to get DD:DA eventually, it's starting to get cheaper.

I'd bother you, Chris, or one of my other friends that I've done this with, to see if I they had PS+ and I could log on and download it to my PS3 since I want this game but am trying not to spend much on games lately, but I'm pretty sure that Sony has changed their DRM scheme and you can't do that anymore.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1030/

Oddly, I think I can still play all the games from friends I've downloaded in the past.  If I were a console gamer, PS+ certainly seems worth it for all the free games that are actually good.  Either way, I plan to get DD:DA eventually, it's starting to get cheaper.

To be quite fair and honest about it Kev, this is a game that I'm sure you would like and get a heck of a lot of enjoyment out of.  It's pretty straightforward as an RPG, but I really enjoyed the "pawns" element of the game combined with the upgradeable weapons/crafting and the inclusion of huntable "large monsters" kind of like Monster Hunter. 

The game was definitely great IMO.  I think I may start playing it again honestly on PS.

Ordered, against better judgment.   Alongside Anarchy Reigns (another very Japanese game) since that was eight bucks.  I need a good game to renew my faith in gaming.

Let us know how you like it Kev.  I thought the game was really cool!  I made the fugliest pawn I possibly could though.  Was pretty hilarious having her lug around behind me all the time.

Wow that was really fast shipping man.  :D

Enjoy Dreamfall!  I've been playing through Shadows of the Damned on my PS3 lately.  It's pretty fun and I'd stream PS3 but that stupid HDCP or whatever with the audio issues is a pain and doesn't like to work well with my Avermedia device or anything else for that matter. 

I'm really enjoying the game, it's like a cross between Dark Souls and Skyrim.  I'm playing an Assassin (or will be after I switch back to it).  I've leveled fighter to rank 5, am just about to get to rank 9 in Strider, then will switch back to Assassin which is at rank 5.  I'm getting the fighter and strider ranks to let me use the carry capacity/movement speed augments because I made my character (and my main pawn, a mage/sorcerer) basically a child (as small as possible) for the hilarity factor.

One thing that does bug me though, is I missed a fairly decent sized quest chain by simply not checking back in at the first village before going on with the next quest.  Lost and Found I think it was called, which chains all the way through to a quest that unlocks more of Witchwood and one to get the Arisen's Bond to romance a chosen NPC much easier (since I hear it's important to pick one or else you might get a surprise later in the game lol).

lol I missed that quest too Kevin.  I ended up starting over because I had only put a few hours into the game so far and didn't really care, plus I didn't like my character and was still learning the game.

Missing quests like that does suck though!

Archived