[Rumor] Nintendo Held Back at E3 2012, Xbox 720 Release Date Closer Than You Think

Gamercide

It’s only Tuesday and the rumor mill is already going strong with rumors coming from Nintendo and Microsoft’s camps.

Nintendo%20E3%202012.jpg?m=1340719176E3 2012 came to a close a couple weeks ago and Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo each had their underwhelming and rather dull showcases for the upcoming year, but is there a reason why?  More so on Nintendo’s side?  According to european website Non Specific Action, an insider claims that Nintendo held back during this year’s E3 and that they had two huge Wii U games to announce, but decided at the last minute to hold off on those announcements, because they didn’t want to take the buzz surrounding their upcoming console to jump ship to these new games.  Both of these games are considered to be key franchises to Nintendo.  I’m guessing Mario and Zelda if this rumor turns out to be true.

What started out as a rumor for team Microsoft has officially turned into a Microsoft coverup regarding the Xbox 720.  Late last week, a fishy document surfaced on the web claiming to contain information regarding Microsoft’s Xbox 720 including a release date and specs.  While it was tossed to the side, turns out that document is not so fishy after all.  Microsoft has taken ownership of the document and asked that the original posting website take all information down regarding their highly secret next console.  According to Tech Radar details in this document included the name Xbox 720, a 1080p 3D supporting Kinect, a blu-ray drive, and a release date of the 2013 holiday season.

Xbox%20720%20Document.jpg?m=1340719173

The Actual Leaked Document

View the full article

Well one thing that stands out in the whole presentation above to me is the mention in the Next-Gen Sensors subsection. It lists a very vague "glasses".

THIS. I. WANT.

I've been wanting this for over a decade. Virtual Boy was a retarded tease, and companies have been releasing more and more head-mounted displays over the years. I want a real HUD (heads up display). I want head tracking. I want immersive vision. I still will hold a controller in my hands, but I want to be able to just look around to turn the screen and whatnot.

Archived