Borderlands

Dateranoth

Steam is running their 50% off Borderlands deal right now, and I am debating if I should pick it up or not. I know pretty much none of you play this on PC, but do you think it's worth the purchase anyhow? Is it a game I can jump online with random players and enjoy or no?

Well, NM. I got my brother to go in with me on the 4 pack so I'm getting it for super cheap. Downloading it now!

Well, I've got about 5 hours in and I'm loving the game. Anyone else play the PC version and want to join me sometime? If you don't own it head over to the contest page and enter my contest for a chance to win it! The game is probably very similar to the XBOX version with the exception that you could cheat extremely easy on the PC version. Pretty much 0 protection against it as far as I can tell, but that's not a problem for a coop game with friends.

Let me know if anyone wants to set a time and play.

and it doesn't look like it takes much of a computer to play it:

• Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor with SSE2 support
    • Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
    • Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 7 series or higher/Radeon HD3000 series or higher)
    • Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
    • Sound: Windows compatible sound card

• Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor with SSE2 support
    • Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
    • Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 7 series or higher/Radeon HD3000 series or higher)
    • Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
    • Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Win7 - Unsure if compatible

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache) - Unsure, but I think it's suitable

4GB - Check

ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 – 1GB - Check

500GB - Check

Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Check

I have a Dell XPS16. Are my specs good enough, Dat? I'm not 100% sure. Mostly concerned about the OS. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived