E3 live stream

Kira Onime

Wow.... VERY underwhelming showing from MS. Sure, we got to see Gears, Halo 4, new Splinter Cell and Black Ops, but other than that nothing mindblowing.

Smart Glass, Internet Explorer, new languages for Bing? That's about it? Meh...

I'm excited for Sony's show. I'd like to see what they have in store for the Vita.

The best part of that show was Trey and Matt making fun of the smart glass stuff when they came out to talk about the south park game, and that horrible "ushering in" pun after the usher performance, and the resulting awkward silence. Can't really tell if its quite as bad as last years, but still, pretty bad. Makes me glad I went ahead and built my PC.

EA's conferance was pretty underwelhming. Dead Space 3 just looks like they took the worst parts of RE5(forced co-op, cover and enemies with guns), MoH Warfighter is just another generic military shooter, Sim City looks like it could be good, sports games are still sports games, the new Need For Speed looks decent I guess, and Crysis 3 looks like a mix of 1 and 2(I do like the compound bow though).

Oh, and EA got UFC, I guess thats a pretty big deal, and SW The Old Republic is going free to play up to level 15 this july.

Watch Dogs looks really interesting. Pretty sure Jonatchoo (Jonathan Jacques-Belletête) is the Art Director of the game. If you liked the style of DX:HR, you'll probably love Watch Dogs.

*edit* It's called Watch Dogs. I thought it was ctOS at first, too. So did many of the game sites on Twitter. lol

Also, why did the forerunners in Halo 4 look like Bionicles?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that, lol

Anyway, yeah, Watch Dogs looks GREAT, and i'm starting to get back into Assassin's Creed after been put off with all those spin offs. Besides splinter cell, I think ubisoft had a pretty great showing, well the games at least, I hated that tobuscas guy way more than Mr. Caffiene.

and SW The Old Republic is going free to play up to level 15 this july.

BhiOl.jpg

They're trying to lure in people due to them bleeding subscribers like no tomorrow. Also their servers need to merge and consolidate because right now activity is just plain miserable on some of the main fleets.

I let my sub lapse back in April. Nothing to do anymore, finished all the endgame, can't deal with the super nerfs to my class (bounty hunter).

Also, Sony's press conference was HORRIBLE. Seriously NOTHING was shown. A game montage, PS All Stars, God of War (again), Assassin's Creed, Last of Us (which does look a little cool).... and that's about it. No real big Vita announcements. :(

Oh, can't forget about "Wonderbooks" though. That deserves a mutant facepalm.

O3se9.jpg

I'm going to be posting a recap on the main website for anybody who missed anything in an hour or so. There were some headlines that I believe may have gotten pushed to the side by the stink of both Playstation and Microsoft's crud and they are very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-N_nj6mt1s&feature=related

This one seems to be impressing most people, but there is something....off about the graphics to me. Yeah, they are techincally impressive, but I guess I just kinda don't like that CG look. Also, its so heaviliy scripted that its hard to get excited for, though i'm going to assume thats mainly just because these are the kinds of demo's you show at E3 and that the full game won't be as bad.

Except for a very few things, for me, E3 has been kind of a bust so far. No real big announcements and game trailers that have just fallen flat. Perhaps core gamers aren't and I guess haven't been for some time, the target demographic anymore. IDK?

Well, Nintendo's conferance started out real strong with Pikmin 3 and then just kinda got real boring. The new 3DS Castlevania(which is a classic 2D castlevania game thats also a spin off of lords of shadows) just kinda got dumped out in a montage(apperently gonna have another press conferance for 3D stuff later?), and everything else was kinda old news/same old nintendo.

Archived