The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement Trailer

SegaCKY

I'm curious to see how this turns out because I'm interested to see a game that includes so many of the provinces, but from what I read it sounds like it isn't made by all the same people as the main series. Todd Howards just shows up and checks things or something, I don't know. I don't want something that's "like The Elder Scrolls" but not an "official" one, just to have an MMO of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The main story in The Elder Scrolls Online will be "100 per cent solo" so that you feel like "you're awesome, you're the hero", game director Matt Firor has revealed.

"The part of the IP we worked with the most to ensure it was the closest we could get it in an MMO to what it would be to a console, solo game, was, I'm a hero," he told GameInformer in a video interview.

"In the Elder Scrolls games you're always the hero, whether you want to be or not. You go out there and you kill the dragons; You kill Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion; in Morrowind, you're up there fighting the Tribunal - those are huge, global, epic things that you don't want to stand in line to do in an MMO. The last thing you want to do is have the final confrontation with Mehrunes Dagon as he's stomping across the Imperial City, and you see like 15 guys behind you waiting to kill him because they're on the same quest.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-18-the-elder-scrolls-onlines-main-story-is-100-per-cent-solo

Archived