Rodina

PeeKnuckle

Welcome and thank you for checking out Rodina, our indie game which is currently under development. Rodina is a space exploration RPG inspired by games like Freelancer, The Elder Scrolls series, Deus Ex and System Shock. The game is still early in development, but we thought you might be interested in seeing our progress so far.
http://www.elliptic-games.com/index.shtml

I'm excited! Space exploration and the ability to land on planets and explore! Yes! Now if they can just take some of the better mechanics from these game types and make them work it'll be awesome. How great would it be to have an actual dog fight and chase someone from space down onto a planet seemlessly!

Both of those games look pretty cool tech-wise. But it's hard to keep a space game entertaining. Shouldn't have too much of the gameplay be just traveling. Space games should have something you can do onboard the ship while in transit, like going inside, sort of like the airships in the Final Fantasys.

You can go inside of the ship. Shows it in the video. =p

I know, I saw that, but I mean during transit, and having something to do inside (though the video is of a very early build). I mainly meant other space games. From the little I've tried playing of those "X" games, it seems like traveling would get old fast.

Archived