Tiny driver CD won't work with laptop

So I have a CD/DVD drive on my new laptop, that works like the drive on a PS3. There is no door to lay down the disk on. It's fed in.

Problem: My new PC wireless adapter for 360 controllers, came with a tiny disk with the drivers on it. My laptop refuses to accept this CD.

What can I do? I searched for drivers online, and I also searched for tiny fucking CD not working with automatically fed CD drives. Came up with zilcho each time.

I found this:

Mini-CDs are not supported for use with slot-loading optical drives. A slot-loading optical drive has a slot through which the CD or DVD is inserted. This setup differs from a tray-loading optical drive. A tray-loading optical drive has a tray that the drive ejects. The CD is put on the tray, and then the tray is pushed into the drive. Mini-CDs are supported for use with tray-loading optical drives. The slot-loading optical drive installed on some Dell XPS computers contains an automatic feed mechanism together with an automatic eject mechanism.

The slot-loading optical drive in the Dell XPS computer detects a standard CD or DVD disc when that disc is 90% inserted. Mini-CDs are much smaller than standard CDs. Therefore, the optical drive in the Dell XPS does not detect a mini-CD that is inserted.

Additionally, a mini-CD is too small to be ejected by the eject mechanism in the slot-loading optical drive. Therefore, the Dell XPS computer cannot eject the disc.

Clicky

Looks like you're outta luck. Unless you have access to a tray-loading pc, then you could rip the mini and put it on a regular disc?

Archived