Dark Souls devs handle pirates in fun way

PeeKnuckle

In order to punish those who have the game early, From Software will take advantage of a feature that allows players to move into other worlds. The publisher has sent max-level Black Phantoms into the worlds of early gamers, confronting them with an enemy that's impossible to beat.

vOTTY.jpg

As shown in the photo, the Phantoms are level 145, with 1900 HP and every stat set to the maximum of 99.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195770p1.html

So, if a store breaks the street date, the players get punished? That actually really sucks. I've gotten plenty of games before release date, completely on accident. I got Star Wars Battlefront 1 for the PS2 two days early because I just wasn't sure when it came out that week so I went to gamestop and they had it out for sale already, I also picked up deadly premonition when I randomly saw it one day at gamestop and that was also out a few days early, just to name a few.

I used to really like From Software because of ChromeHounds, but this combined with not being able to use any voice communication when playing dark souls at all (no in game chat, no party chat, no private chat) is really souring that.

Archived