3DS gets huge, quick price cut

PeeKnuckle

Effective August 12th, the bomba 3DS will drop from $250 to $169. Early adopters who got raped by the $250 price that connect to the eshop before August 11th will become 3DS ambassadors. They will be able to download 10 free NES VC games on September 1st. Then by the end of the year they will be able to download 10 free GBA VC games which are exclusive to 3DS ambassadors only.

Read more at - [1Up]

thats the way it is for me... My eyes don't do 3d very well. I got it for me wife because she can see 3d just fine, but also the games look better and the streaming capabilities, oh and it's a 3d camera which she wanted and the cheapest I saw last year was like $500

I think it's because they're desperate for a new market. Prices of HD televisions are steadily decreasing so they need to develop new technology to push revenue back up. Personally, I find 3D annoying. I saw Avatar in 3D and it just got annoying after the first hour and I would have to take the glasses off for a few minutes several times throughout the movie. I think 3D is cool every once in a while (like a special exhibit at a museum or a 3D ride at an amusement park) but I wouldn't want to use it in everyday life.

Archived