Osama Bin Laden is Dead

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, some of those were awesome

Fox News

Military Officials confirm that Bin Laden was given a religious funeral at sea in tradition with Islamic customs.

"Usama bin Laden was given a religious funeral prior to his burial at sea, senior military officials told Fox News.Religious rites were conducted on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier at about 1:10 a.m. Monday in the Persian Gulf.

In accordance with Islamic practice, bin Laden was washed and wrapped in a white sheet before buried at sea at 2 a.m. local time, senior U.S. military and intelligence officials said.

Bin Laden, who resisted capture, was "living rather comfortably" in the compound, an official told Fox News."

Supposedly they have pictures but are waiting to release them. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Remember that Pakistan is not nearly as unified as we are. Just because officials in one area might have known his whereabouts does not mean to central government knew or hid him..

Think that the respectful burial was done to exacerbate tensions and prevent further attacks as best they could.

I am also surprised by some of the reactions to this news. Its a little unsettling.

Also, going into Pakistan to take their WMD may well cause more trouble. No point taking a step forward, only to get stuck in more mud.

I can see the reason as why they did the burial at sea to have no grave or site that people would worship, but as to not escalating tension? The extremeist already want America dead and most Americans dead and we are worried about making them mad? I say they should have given him a proper christain burial that is in line with OUR customs just to piss them off. They dont worry about making us mad by desecrating our soldiers dead bodies why should we when then observe their customs?

I can see the reason as why they did the burial at sea to have no grave or site that people would worship, but as to not escalating tension? The extremeist already want America dead and most Americans dead and we are worried about making them mad? I say they should have given him a proper christain burial that is in line with OUR customs just to piss them off. They dont worry about making us mad by desecrating our soldiers dead bodies why should we when then observe their customs?

That's so extremely ignorant it's ridiculous. There's a little thing in life called taking the high road, but it sounds like you haven't heard of it.

i see the irony when i read an imam say of his death that "dogs should not rejoice too much for killing lions".

our actions as an honorable nation will, in the course of history, reveal the true dogs.

petty revenge is an ocean away from justice. let us be happy AND proud.

Well its probably good for the world he is dead.

Though one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Lets hope it doesn't cause more hatred in that part of the world for the west and instead demoralises their cause and discourages new members from joining though that seems unlikely.

Archived