11 Yr Old Boy Racks Up $1,700+ On Xbl - Mom Is Angry

ThermoNukePanda

/facepalm

So an 11yr old boy over in the UK spent over a thousand pounds ($1,743.90) over a period of 6 months by purchasing things on Xbox Live. His mother, who claims that "when I put my card details in 18 months ago I thought it was just for his membership to play online with his friends", has gone to great lengths to condemn Microsoft.

"It is ridiculous to allow someone of his age to make payments without any checks being done," she says. "When he is in gaming mode he can't be thinking about the money. You can't put all that responsibility on a young boy."

The mother has reportedly complained to Microsoft, but claims that the "computer giant is ignoring her".

article00d12bb8b000005d.jpg

Microsoft's response? (disclaimer: Wording is not Microsoft's official response. The following is a dramatization)

ENABLE THE PARENTAL/FAMILY CONTROLS YOU STUPID *Censored*!

Two things I have to say about this:

1) Monitor your child. Don't have a $200 babysitter.

2) Don't you look at your goddamned monthly statements on your credit/bank accounts!?!?!? I know I do!

She fails on multiple levels. This is almost good enough to warrant one of Siren's fail of the week awards or something. LoL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354490/Boy-11-racks-1-000-mothers-debit-card-playing-XBox-online.html#ixzz1DNRQHRUH

Archived