Should I Buy It?

Siren

Jason's birthday is coming up in March and I've been thinking about getting him one.  We have the Xbox One and with there not being a lot of games out right now, it has gotten a bit tiresome to play..well at least until Titanfall and a few others come out anyway.

So what is the game list like for the PS4?  If I buy it, will he be in the same boat with the Xbox One with only a small amount of games available?  With the PS3, it was mainly only used for a blu-ray player and that is another reason why I am questioning if I want to get it.

Game lists for BOTH systems at the moment are severely lacking.

That being said:

PS4 is the definitive system for "games".  Flat out, at the moment, they run and look better.  This isn't really debateable for multiplatform releases (and I admit Ryse looks sexy)

Killzone which is the only exclusive I have right now.  Looks amazing honestly.  Exceptional graphics. 

I do like the PS+ though, and the fact you get free games every month. 

Not sure what else to say at the moment on the matter, but there isn't much out for either system right now.  I play BF4, COD Ghosts and ACIV most at the moment. 

Also having a PSVita is fantastic as well with remote play.  Very impressed.

Yup, it's the curse of adopting a new console.  Although I can't say nothing good is coming out.  I believe Thief is coming out this month for the new systems and I'm pretty excited about that, plus Outlast is free this month.

Now if they can just get their shit together and finally release War Thunder for us North American folks I'd be a happy panda.

Thanks for the input.  I think I'll skip it.  He's been searching on the internet for reasons to get the PS4 and he hasn't really found one due to the lack of games that are out at the moment.

I am skipping on both new consoles for now until more games get released. No reason to buy either one just yet. Later this year perhaps or early 2015. My current consoles are running strong and they will be supported for a little bit longer.

Archived