Xbox One Day One Controller

Siren

We got the Day One edition console and I was curious if anybody was having problems with the wireless Day One controller.  It keeps disconnecting despite trying new batteries and different ranges of sitting.  I was just curious if this is a widespread issue, because it makes playing games like Battlefield 4 dreadful.  Other than that, the console so far is great.  It is extremely quiet and I love the new interface of the dashboard and that I can go and check out other things while a game is loading, etc...The snap feature is something I wish the 360 had.

Edit....Nevermind.  Jason found this on Xbox Support and we moved the coffee table that was in front of the controller because it had the "interference"  that is mentioned on here.  It seems to be working fine now.  Strange....

"Metallic objects (such as a chrome faceplate, metal dividers, shelves, or doors of an entertainment center) that are positioned between the console and the wireless controller are causing interference with the wireless controller's connection to the console."  http://Xbox One Support

I'm not too sure either.  There was a problem with FIFA 14 and the wireless controllers if two are on at one time with the controller crashing, however EA released that patch yesterday.  I wonder if maybe it is Battlefield 4 related, because when Jason was playing Killer Instinct there wasn't a problem.   I've asked those on my friends list who picked up an Xbox One if they are having a problem and they said no, everything is working fine. I assumed the issue was fix when we moved the coffee table out of the way, however it disconnected again when he was back to playing Battlefield 4 online.  Maybe it's a Battlefield 4 controller problem like with FIFA or we could just have a faulty controller.  Support is sending a replacement Day One wireless controller, so I guess we will see.  I must say though....I am puzzled  :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived