nirvana-lithium-album-art-314.jpeg

Nirvana - Lithium EP

51n4Lj-VgCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Death Cab for Cutie - The Sound of Settling EP

31T9AJX2TQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Interpol - Remix *(all tracks off of Antics)*

thursday%20-%20a%20city%20by%20the%20light%20divided.jpg

Thursday - A City By the Light Divided

I need to get more Tool(and A Perfect Circle), I only have 10,000 Days and Mer De Noms.

Get Aenema and then Lateralus for Tool. I prefer Lateralus but Aenema came first so I'd work chronologically. I consider both nearly flawless records and much superior to 10,000 Days. For APC Thirteenth Step is amazing, again another nearly flawless record. You can check out eMOTIVe but it's a cover record and many people consider it atrocious.

Get Aenema and then Lateralus for Tool. I prefer Lateralus but Aenema came first so I'd work chronologically. I consider both nearly flawless records and much superior to 10,000 Days. For APC Thirteenth Step is amazing, again another nearly flawless record. You can check out eMOTIVe but it's a cover record and many people consider it atrocious.

I think Aenima was a better cd overall, but the title track for Lateralus is nothing short of pure art and genius. It's so heavy on so many different levels. I agree that 10,000 Days falls short after the last two, but I still loved Jambi, Vicarious and a couple of other songs from that album.

I'm really looking forward to their next effort. In my forty years of loving music, Tool is the band that I hold in the highest of regards. A true fusion of art, intelligence and talent. This is a band that comes along maybe once in a decade.

I agree somewhat Pogre, I prefer the singles from Aenema better but Lateralus more as an overall record/experience. Undertow is great as well. I'd also still consider Tool my favorite band after all these years and my tastes changing.

I hear you man. Lateralus was more of an experience from start to finish. And when you drill a little deeper into it:

Wow.

I know you've seen that, but it still gives me goosebumps dude. :P

I love Undertow too. Bottom and 4° are among my favorite songs. Don't even get me started on Swamp Song and the odd time signature. That was one of the songs that made Tool really stand out for me. They broke the mold. They fused art and music in a way that worked, and did it masterfully.

Got the new Underoath album and new Alter Bridge album(both my first album from each band).

Oh, and I added Lateralus to my Xmas list, will probably pick up Aenema after Thanksgiving. How are Undertow and Opiate?

I would say that those are bad albums to start listening to for both bands. Pick up "Blackbird" by Alter Bridge and "They're Only Chasing Safety" as well as "Define the Great Line" by Underoath. I've seen Underoath live twice, both with Aaron Gilespie still in the band, and they put on a hell of a show. Here is a video I took of them when I was front row for their set @ Warped Tour:

Well, I LOVED the new Underoath album so I will definitely check out their older stuff.

As for Alter Bridge...I still liked the first 2 songs(IE the stuff I heard before buying it), but beyond those 2, the 3rd track and the 2 bonus tracks....was just kinda really boring and bland. : /

New Girl Talk album is completely free and came out today. Girl Talk is a DJ from Pittsburgh who's albums are completely made up of samples where he mixes interesting combinations,, for instances Metallica's Enter the Sandman with Lil Kim. His new album is completely free at this link. His albums are a great listen just to hear what songs he's gonna use and mix and they're great for parties if you're lazy and want to throw on an album instead of putting together a mix.

http://www.illegal-art.net/allday/

In my forty years of loving music, Tool is the band that I hold in the highest of regards. A true fusion of art, intelligence and talent. This is a band that comes along maybe once in a decade.

Well in my 32 years of musical love, I've felt the same way about NIN. I still have a way to go till I hear my BEST favourite band.