Kinect Gets a $40 Price Drop

Gamercide

Microsoft has announced that the Kinect’s price has dropped from $149.99 to $109.99 almost reaching the below $100.00 mark.  The price drop is permanent in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific as of today with Australia and New Zealand seeing the cheaper Kinect on October 4th.

Not included in the new lower pricing are Japan, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

via Major Nelson

View the full article

I guess it's part of my sickness of collecting not just games, but systems/peripherals as well. I literally own EVERY SYSTEM and major peripheral since the Atari 2600. And I mean every system. Some stuff that probably sold like 10 to 15 pieces total (Looking at you Action Max). Now, to answer you question more directly, I think it's worth it for not just the few games I've mentioned, but for voice controls and some of the other things it does. Video Kinect is great for keeping in touch with my brother and his family who is hours away. Overall, I don't have buyer's remorse and I bought it at launch (i.e. full price).

lol. I bought it too, and gave it away. I don't use the Xbox enough to think about the other features. I'd like to try it out, but I really just wish it had windows support. Makes no sense to me why'd they'd make a peripheral like that and not give it native support in windows.

There IS some sort of Windows support but I'm not sure if it's in games., however they are slightly different hardware revisions. From what I've read the cameras in the Windows version are 'calibrated for Near Mode'. Sounds like marketing speak to me, but whatever. I dig it. Then again, I seem to be easier to please with things that most people lately.

Archived