What The Hell Is This Crap?

SegaCKY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Everyone enjoys something. It sounds cliche but it's really true. There's a person out there who probably is listening to an iTunes version of someone humming "Mary had a Little Lamb" right this very second. Tastes aren't what separate us, I probably listen to all the genres everyone here likes, plus ten or so that no one here will touch. I even have Freaxxx by Brokencyde on one of my mix CD's. Crap is crap. Music that's crap, well that's just an opinion. Musical taste is an opinion, and just like your arsehole, everyone's got one, and thinks that everyone else's stink.

I'm told the music I like is shitty all the time. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it. If I cared what people thought of my taste in music was, I'd probably stagnate under all the top 40 music I'd force myself to listen to, in hopes of being accepted. The music I listen to is for me to enjoy and that's all I care about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iGBGRdHWUI

My problem with Brokencyde and "music" like it, isn't the way they look or even so much the way they sound, its that they embody alot of the mindless maternalism that is entirely to prevalent within my generation. Its lacks any real artistic merit and while I don't believe all music has to have some deeped more profound meaning, these guys almost pride themselves on their willful ignorance. Its the same argument many make about modern hip-hop.

My point wasn't that I like Brokencyde, just that everyone has tastes and there's someone out there who probably doesn't think they're willfully ignorant. I listen to everything personally, Britney Spears, modern alternative rock, some classic rock, "Cat's in the Cradle" type songs, some modern rap, some weird rap like the Gorillaz, some screamo, pop, punk...I don't like every song out there but if there's a genre out there I can probably find at least one song in it that I like.

Archived