Trying To Stream...help Appreciated

Right now I'm experimenting with XSplit and Adobe Flash Media Encoder. The problem I've been having with XSplit is that I can't get the audio to stream at all when it's hooked up to the capture card. I don't know if I improperly configured XSplit, or if I need to connect the audio straight to the computer instead. And I'm streaming from my console.

What sky said is pretty close. I'm not sure if the card's drivers show a certain input in your recording properties or not. If they do you need to set it up to listen to that device. I'm not sure which version of windows you're using, but vista and 7 have the option to 'listen to this device' . If it's playing back on windows then xsplit will automatically pick it up. So, you can set the xsplit mic input to your USB microphone. If you can't find the option to playback from the capture device you may have to take the audio directly to your laptops mic port.

Ok, so I think I figured outwhat I need to do. Right now I have 3 splitters plugged into the capture card. One end of the splitter is attached to my console, the other to my tv. What I need to do now is get to more splitters to split the white and red audio cables going into the splitter. Ones going to stay in the capture card, the other will need to go into the final splitter which will combine the 2 audio cables to plug into my mic port.

The only problem I see now is that the audio will basically be in sync as I stream, but the video will be delayed.

Well with the way I have it set up, I have three splitters plugged into my capture card, with 2 female connectors. Each splitter has the corresponding cable directly from my xbox plugged into it. The other sides of the splitters are connected to my TV just using a regular A/V cable. I see what you're saying though, I could split the audio cords so that one end goes to the TV and one goes to the computer. I set it up that way originally because I wanted all the audio and video both on my TV as I was playing and on my computer...if that makes any sense.

I see what you're saying though...here's how I think I can set it up and have it work out (somewhat easily.

-Capture card is connected to PC.

-I have an A/V cable (yellow,white,red---------------------yellow,white,red)

-I have a splitter plugged into the video input on the capture card.

-The yellow from one side of A/V cable plugged into splitter, yellow on other end goes into TV.

This is where I was confusing myself, but I think this would work:

For the red and white (audio) cables,

-Plug both the white and red cable from my xbox into a female-2male splitter. One end goes into the TV, the other end goes into something like this: http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-3-5mm-Stereo-Female-Cable/dp/B0018MI5F6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top which I can then plug into the mic port on my computer.

Archived