Picked up FFXIV on the PS4

ThermoNukePanda

So far I've definitely been enjoying it.   I made a Thaumaturge and the game is actually pretty cool.  I think I'm going to need to pick up a small bluetooth keyboard for the chat or whatever, but using the controller is actually pretty great.

Anyone else played this/playing this?

I remembered you saying Gilgamesh, but it wouldn't let me play on that server because it "wasn't accepting new characters" or something.  :/

I ended up making a character on Marlboro.  I'm a level 12 Thaumaturge at the moment, working toward Black Mage.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up fighting my first "primal" last night (Ifrit).  Was a pretty cool fight although it was a touch easy once I was able to get everyone to attack the one thing that appears partway through the battle. 

(If you don't kill the add that appears, it's an insta-wipe for the party with one of Ifrit's attacks).

Also just joined a Grand Company so I'm working on getting my first chocobo mount.  Woo woo!

• 1 month later...

Im only like level 22 or so, but ive mainly been leveling the jobs like blacksmith, goldsmith, miner, and armorer.

lol I haven't done much with the crafting myself.   I think I'm only a goldsmith at the moment and only like level 4 in that honestly.

I like to be able to make my own weapons and meld them with the materia things. Plus ive made almost 50k this week just by mining my own materials and making weapons and such to sale in the market. Sure beats buying decent weapons and armor or waiting to find something in a quest.

Archived