Natural Selection 2 Preorder on Steam

Dateranoth

So, I preordered Natural Selection 2 a long time back to get access to the beta, and now it's finally available for everyone to preorder. Pretty good group of people. All 45,000+ people who preordered get a free upgrade to Deluxe edition and a free copy of the standard version to give to a friend. So, I will soon have a copy available to anyone interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012/9/natural_selection_2_pre_orders_on_steam

It's been around for a while yeah. I also forgot that 2 has the overhead commander view as well. Kind of like Savage I guess.

Game Information: Summary

ns-screenshot1_250x188.jpg

Natural Selection blends first-person combat with real-time strategy. It features intense "marines vs. aliens" teamplay, where one marine can become Commander. The Commander plays from a top-down perspective and leads live players.

The aliens can evolve upgrades like "Cloaking" and "Scent of Fear", and can change lifeforms to run on walls, fly, and even devour marines whole.

NS has atmospheric indoor sci-fi environments full of steam and smoke, and features custom orchestral music from the award-winning Jeremy Soule.

It is a freely-available Half-life modification, and since its release in October of 2002, has had over 2 million downloads, and had been played for 2 billion player-minutes.

ns-screenshot2_250x188.jpg

"It's like these &*#holes have some weird machine inside my brain that tells them what I want." - Tycho, Penny Arcade

"Charles Darwin would be proud." Gamespy's Mod of the Year, 2002

"The way all these details boil down in gameplay is simply amazing, and occasionally fascinating to just watch unfold. Firing Squad review, 5/5

ModDB's Mod of the Year, 2002

"This is about as close as you can get to a perfect game." Halflife.org, 5/5

"Natural Selection has hit the gaming world like a ten tonne truck, stirring up such an interest not seen since Counter-Strike did the same so long ago...One thing is certain though, Natural Selection has paved the way for a whole new genre in gaming and mod making." Ozgn.com, 5/5

See articles in PC Zone (93% 12/16/02), PC Gamer as well as game magazines in Turkey, Poland, Australia, Brazil and more for additional coverage.

And from 2:

The War Continues

Natural Selection 2 is an immersive, multiplayer shooter that pits aliens against humans in a strategic and action-packed struggle for survival. It seamlessly combines a shooter/FPS gameplay with a strategy (RTS) game.

The game is in active beta with 40,000 players – we’re releasing updates nearly every week with new units, abilities, maps, improvements, etc. NS2 v1.0 will launch on Steam this summer.

Visit the full site

2 Unique Sides

Whether you play as one of the elite marine Frontiersmen or the vicious alien Kharaa, you must use unique strategies and your abilities to win. Marines form persistent squads to find and destroy alien hives. Aliens can choose a wall-running Skulk, pudgy Gorge, flying Lerk, murderous Fade or gigantic Onos that can smash through doors.

Real-time Strategy

Commanders play from overhead to lead their team to victory. Build structures anywhere, collect resources and research upgrades. Marines buy weapons at an Armory or build sentry turrets and siege cannons to assault the enemy. Aliens build upgrade chambers, evolve special abilities and plant traps.

• NS2-MarineCommander02-370x208.jpg
  • NS2-OperationsBattle01-370x208.jpg

Dynamic Environments

Use a flamethrower to clear the spreading alien infestation. Aliens destroy power nodes knock out the lights and power down marine structures. Random start locations mean you must scout your enemy and before committing to a build. Every game is different.

Unlimited Variations

WYSIWYG graphical tools and powerful scripting allow you to create new weapons, scenarios or entirely new games. You’ll get all our tools (level editor, cinematic tool and more) as well as the full Lua source code to Natural Selection 2. Version 1.0 is just the beginning – ongoing automatic updates keep the game fresh by adding new maps, weapons and abilities. Steam Workshop support and auto-downloading makes playing and distributing mods automatic.

Archived