Serious Business Venture

iTz_LucK

In Georgia you will need to get a state license as well as a county and possibly even a city license. State is fairly cheap at around $100. County and/or City is where the cost comes in. Here in my county it is around $2K to sell liquor on premises. Also you may have to advertise intent to serve alcohol in a local paper for something like 30 days prior to applying for the license. I would expect the Atlanta area to be just as strict as my county. The bible belt is not a good place to open any type of bar, hence the reason I've not tried something very similar to this. The business case just wasn't there honestly. Good on you guys for trying though and good luck. Hate to say it, and don't want to be a downer, but you're going to need all the luck you can get.

In Georgia you will need to get a state license as well as a county and possibly even a city license. State is fairly cheap at around $100. County and/or City is where the cost comes in. Here in my county it is around $2K to sell liquor on premises. Also you may have to advertise intent to serve alcohol in a local paper for something like 30 days prior to applying for the license. I would expect the Atlanta area to be just as strict as my county. The bible belt is not a good place to open any type of bar, hence the reason I've not tried something very similar to this. The business case just wasn't there honestly. Good on you guys for trying though and good luck. Hate to say it, and don't want to be a downer, but you're going to need all the luck you can get.

I appreciate the good luck wishes.

We've already looked into this. We know that it's gonna' be an expensive risk, but without high risks, there won't be high rewards.

We're already estimating at least $50k to start the business (without counting equipment and whatnot).

That's why we're doing as much research and preparation as we can before getting cash flows and investments pumping into the business.

I've said it before, but I really want to open a place for gamers by gamers.

This is the main point that I'm trying to make unique because the more feedback that I get from gaming communities such as this....

then, we're able to start implementing unique points that would make our business stand out from any other location.

I appreciate the good luck wishes.

We've already looked into this. We know that it's gonna' be an expensive risk, but without high risks, there won't be high rewards.

We're already estimating at least $50k to start the business (without counting equipment and whatnot).

That's why we're doing as much research and preparation as we can before getting cash flows and investments pumping into the business.

I've said it before, but I really want to open a place for gamers by gamers.

This is the main point that I'm trying to make unique because the more feedback that I get from gaming communities such as this....

then, we're able to start implementing unique points that would make our business stand out from any other location.

I feel like you'll have to definitely have a reward system or something because as a gamer I feel like we all want to have our own gaming nirvana be our own home, thats why we buy the nice tv's, speakers, ect. Chances are your clients will already have gaming paradises in their own basements. So, your question has to be how do I get these people to want to come to my business to game? Alcohol, rewards, ect are great ideas. Personally, name on the wall would be cool BUT I think if you had a more personal gimmick it would be better. For instance, my local bar, along with others have glasses for regulars who come with their names on it. When they stop in, everyone sees they have a "special" mug, they know they're regulars and it causes others to strive to be a regular as well so someday they'll get the special treatment. Maybe you could have specialized equipment for best customers, or the better tv, or something. I just know having something special you can have/use in front of everyone is a lot more prideful then just having your name on a wall because anybody can bs that that's their name on the wall.

I feel like you'll have to definitely have a reward system or something because as a gamer I feel like we all want to have our own gaming nirvana be our own home, thats why we buy the nice tv's, speakers, ect. Chances are your clients will already have gaming paradises in their own basements. So, your question has to be how do I get these people to want to come to my business to game? Alcohol, rewards, ect are great ideas. Personally, name on the wall would be cool BUT I think if you had a more personal gimmick it would be better. For instance, my local bar, along with others have glasses for regulars who come with their names on it. When they stop in, everyone sees they have a "special" mug, they know they're regulars and it causes others to strive to be a regular as well so someday they'll get the special treatment. Maybe you could have specialized equipment for best customers, or the better tv, or something. I just know having something special you can have/use in front of everyone is a lot more prideful then just having your name on a wall because anybody can bs that that's their name on the wall.

I feel the same way.

That's why we're striving to do our best in finding the unique selling point that will make our business stand out.

As for the name on the wall, it's not going to be just a name. It'll be a picture and a name to make sure everyone knows who you are.

Right now, we're still in the works so we're going to be researching places that offer somewhat of the same services.

We'll be looking at how many times they offer tournaments and whatnot.

As of right now, it would be great if I could get more people to fill out the survey on page 1.

So.... I was recently told that I needed tangible data to prove to potential investors that we are serious and are doing research regarding the targeted market.

If possible, can I get everyone to answer a quick 10 question survey?

Thanks in advance.

Survey

1. Do you consider yourself a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer?.....casual

2. Is there a place that you can visit dedicated to providing gaming services near you?....not even close

3. If no, would you be interested in seeing a place much like a bar or lounge that provided gaming as entertainment?....depends on how it was run

4. If yes to question 2, what do they do that you think stands out?

5. What kind of specific games would you like to see held as tournaments?...boxing...mma...football

6. Would you like hands-on lessons to become better at said games?.....no thanks

7. Would you be interested in game coverage events such as E3?,....good times right there

8. What kind of events (e.g. Speed Runs) would you like to see at said places?

9. For one of many rewards, do you feel it to be worth mentioning if you were placed on the “Wall of Fame”?....yeah its always a thing you can brag about

10. How do you feel about using a card as “in-store currency” where it tracks your purchases and hours there to give you incentives such as discounts on items or rental on equipment?....it works for vegas why not

Archived