Halo 4 Features Two Single Player Campaigns

Gamercide

Be sure to get your hands on the July issue of OXM.  They are releasing some hot details thanks to 343 Industries on Halo 4 including an explanation of the “two” single player campaigns that mesh into not only co-op with your friends but also Master Chief’s story.

343 Industries explains the Infinity in Halo 4 as a way for your own “persistent Spartan IV” who is on board the UNSC Infinity to feed into the main storyline spawning a “second campaign”. How are they doing this you ask?  After Halo 4 releases, 343 will be releasing four short CGI mini-episodes each week starring the four new Spartan IV’s.  Your Spartan IV’s story can be played with your co-op friends online and your Spartan’s path is in your hands.  Your persistent Spartan IV will be available for use in free for all, co-op, team, and Infinity.  Not only will you be making physical changes to your Spartan over the story, but also combat changes to aid your Spartan in battle.

How much will all of this cost?  Free, well sort of.  If you buy the game new, it is free.  If you buy it used, you also have to purchase an online pass.  That’s right, 343 Industries joined the online pass crowd.

Halo 4 is releasing to very eager thumbs on November 6th, 2012.

via StickSkills

View the full article

Hmm. Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I get it. The main campaign is master chiefs and the second is the spartan you'll use in multiplayer?

Apparently there's going to be a story to the hole "why are the fighting spartans, red and blue".

Might have something to do with that.

I just hope they are not overly trying and going off in all different directions and lose focus of Master Chief's story and turns into one huge disaster or a half assed version of what everyone is being promised. I know they want to establish the R vs B thing but I have my doubts. We will see though.

I just hope they are not overly trying and going off in all different directions and lose focus of Master Chief's story and turns into one huge disaster or a half assed version of what everyone is being promised. I know they want to establish the R vs B thing but I have my doubts. We will see though.

Do note the RvB has nothing to do with RoosterTeeth we know. They are both seperated.

As for the game itself, as long as it's not Reach 2.0, it should be fine.

Ideally, it would of been Halo 3.5, but so many kids love the CoD-eske gameplay these days, it's not gona happen.

I didn't mean the RoosterTeeth version of Red vs Blue.

For me this either has fail written all over it or a massive win in the Halo series, because the series needs a breath of fresh air. Hopefully this is it.

Archived