[Rumor] Xbox Live Arcade Getting Silent Hill Multiplayer

Gamercide

997930_20112401_screen016.jpg

The rumor mill is running rampant today after an interview between Italy’s Xbox 360 Magazine and Silent Hill: Downpour developer Vatra Games’ Radek Marek over whether or not the survival horror game that is due to hit shelves sometime in Fall 2011 will have mulitplayer.

During the interview that explores the environment and enemies within Silent Hill: Downpour, Italy’s Xbox 360 Magazine asked Marek about the possibility of mulitplayer being included in Downpour. The answer the magazine received is interesting, but also a little confusing.

“At the moment there will be no multiplayer modes in Silent Hill: Downpour, but Konami are investigating a separate chapter devoted entirely to the Multiplayer. We do not know the details but it should be an XBLA title that most players have to survive in the town of Silent Hill.”

The concept sounds interesting, but if this turns out to be true why can this feature not be included in the retail version of the game instead of making gamers pay for something else?

For now we will chalk this up to rumor until Konami makes an official statement regarding an XBLA mulitplayer version of Silent Hill.

via Hell Descent (Translated Interview)

View the full article

The concept of surviving has been done before, but it will interest me more in a Silent Hill environment however I strongly despise when brands do things like just to get more money, ie....DLC a month later, etc.

I think it depends on the pricing. There are a lot of games I buy wanting nothing more then the single player side of it. If they would tier two seperate packages I'd be game for that. Full price for a game and full price for the multiplayer is a no in my book though.

Archived