Mortal Kombat Producer Re: PSP2 - "it's A Pretty Powerful Machine"

ThermoNukePanda

"...we have a PSP2 in the house and we’re looking at the engine, like what can it support. Always a big thing for us is the performance. We’re running at 60 fps, what can we do and do we have to build all the art assets over. We’re definitely looking at them. PSP2 looks like it’s a pretty powerful machine. We don’t have a 3DS system in house yet, but we’re looking to get one, and we’ll certainly look at what its power is.”

OH MY EFFING G!!!!!!

I have one thing to say though.

TWO ANALOG NUBS OR GTFO! Seriously. I want dual analogs Sony. EVERY PSP owner wants dual analogs. I'm definitely excited though. It's weird, since we've been SHOWN the 3DS already and they don't have one to work with and yet they have a working PSP2?! How close is it to being finished? Will Sony try to pull the rug out from Nintendo and announce the PSP2 close to 3DS release, or maybe even just prior to it?

http://www.industryg...velopers-hands/

You know that's what they hand in mind........ PSP2 specs have been "officially unannounced" but were in development two years ago. Production was started on their processing cores about a year ago. It was announced the same company that made their cores was making the ps4 cores...... i'll see if i can look up the article.

PSP2 ?? .. waaaa?? when the hell did this happen? I'm not really sure about Dual Analog sticks. It would be nice but I don't think it's necessary. I mean .. God of War was awesome on it and it didn't need dual analog sticks. I think developers thought of the PSP as more a port for PS1 and PS2 games instead of developing games for that specific system. .. but 2 sticks would be sweet!

I'm not really sure about Dual Analog sticks. It would be nice but I don't think it's necessary.

*Darth Vader voice*

Don't make me destroy you!

Dual Analogs or nothing at all. I want duals. Would make camera control a million times better in many games. Sure, GoW controlled decently, but I want to control the camera myself. Same thing for PeaceWalker. You move with the analog.... and control the camera with the face buttons!? It's awkward and not accurate, and that's why games like that program in an auto-aim feature due to the unreliability of the controls.

Many PSP games get critiqued for bad camera issues. Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star Portable, etc etc. Having dual analogs opens up the possibilities.

*Darth Vader voice*

Don't make me destroy you!

Do not quote Darth Vader at me!

When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Oh I agree with being able to move the camera .. and I agree on the dual analoge sticks, but maybe I just don't use my PSP that much lately to really notice it. I know when I play games on it I find myself instinctively looking for that second stick to move the camera. I just always have the feeling that developers still aren't developing for that system specifically. .. they are just scaling down PS2/PS3 games. I don't look for a second analog stick when I use Tam's DS, I don't really care about controllers on my iPod Touch because those games are built with the system in mind where as the PSP seems to be thought of as the PS3's younger, more annoying brother than an actual portable console.

Do not quote Darth Vader at me!

When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Oh I agree with being able to move the camera .. and I agree on the dual analoge sticks, but maybe I just don't use my PSP that much lately to really notice it. I know when I play games on it I find myself instinctively looking for that second stick to move the camera. I just always have the feeling that developers still aren't developing for that system specifically. .. they are just scaling down PS2/PS3 games. I don't look for a second analog stick when I use Tam's DS, I don't really care about controllers on my iPod Touch because those games are built with the system in mind where as the PSP seems to be thought of as the PS3's younger, more annoying brother than an actual portable console.

See, I dislike that statement. The PSP actually has some very quality games and many of them aren't just ports of consoles or dumbed down for a handheld.

DS doesn't really need a second analog because it has a touchscreen to make up for it. It's cool that the 3DS is going to have one analog though and since it has the touchscreen it's still going to be alright.

Having just one nub on a device with no touchscreen is counterintuitive to controls in my opinion.

I LOVE my PSP a lot more lately. I bring it almost everywhere with me anymore. Movies, music, streaming radio, and some kickass games. I bought my PSP at launch (yup, it's a PSP-1000) and it's been good to me ever since. I play it more often than my DS (which has a TON of shovelware games, but that's par for the course with Nintendo).

I don't like thinking of the PSP like that either but it does seem to have been shoe horned into that slot. I own 2 of them, one jail broken and one slim. I love the thing but when I was commuting in and out of Manhattan on the train I was either drinking or sleeping. I don't usually play it in bed, and Tam and I really don't travel. I think the PSP is the best system out of all the handhelds but Sony just wants to handicap the unit for whatever reason. PK is right saying that Sony doesn't really listen to it's fans but they have offered many other cool things with it. Name the very underrated and under used "Remote Play" feature. I just can't see that adding an extra stick would solve the problems the system encounters.

See, the only reason I'd upgrade (which I won't do, I'm holding out for the hopefully awesome PSP2) is the newer PSP-2000 and 3000 have more internal ram so they work slightly better/faster than the launch 1000's. The 1000 is woeful is you even TRY to use the built in browser and won't display hardly anything because it uses up the system memory so much. The 2000 and 3000 and slightly better.

I loves my PSP. I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 right now, just beat Peacewalker (AMAAAAAZING) and when I'm done with VC2 I'mma going to get Phantasy Star Portable 2 (the demo rocks, and the game actually supports INFRASTRUCTURE multiplayer instead of just ad-hoc!)

I know all the games that are up on the PSN. I really like Sony for bringing back a lot of great PS1 games for the PSP. I usually don't download anything cause if I start I'll just end up drop 50 or 60 bucks before the end of the day. Hey what memory card do you have for your PSP? .. I have multiple 2gb cards but should likely find something with a little more storage.

I have a 16GB mostly since I load it up with music and movies and stuff and don't want to worry about not having room to download games whenever I want. Got it for $50 at Kmart. You can easily get an 8GB one for around $20-25ish.

BE WARNED though. I'd stay away from trying to buy one online, especially if it seems like it's a GOOD deal. There are a ton of fakes floating around, chinese knockoffs that look VERY similar to the real thing which is why I suggest trying to buy one in store.

I usually don't download anything cause if I start I'll just end up drop 50 or 60 bucks before the end of the day.

And that's exactly how I feel sometimes too, but I can't resist. Soooo much good stuff on there and it's generally reasonably priced. I got MGS1 for $6 and RE1 was only $7. I like being able to play them on the go.

Archived