Ok, Lol, Another Website Question

LGWyant

I know this should be common knowledge, but can you access an SQL database site with a program using sqlite, or is that the way it's supposed to work?

I'm confused by this question. You're asking if you can access an sql database on a certain site with the program sqlite? As far as I know SQLite is a database engine and probably can only access its own database. Can you clarify the question a little?

I'm confused by this question as well. Whoever hosts your site should give you a control panel that lets you setup your database(s) and you point whatever program or blog software you want to use to that database. Here at Gamercide I run 2 separate databases, one for the site and one for the forum.

I'd also say, whoever you go with for hosting, make sure they have a good backup system. Whether it be automated or manual, backups, as we found out here at Gamercide are a MUST.

Yes i remember that from when the ATC site went down for quite awhile because of a lost server issue. The question pertains to a program that i'm writing that uses sqlite ..... but all the hosting sites just say sql 4 or 5. I can't find anything that states they correlate so i wondered if any of my techie friends knew.

Archived