Anyone use gamefly

I did for a few years.  It got to the point though where I really had rented and tried everything I wanted to play and I didn't feel like spending the fifteen some bucks a month anymore.  Good service though if there is a lot of older stuff you'd like to try.

We have a gamefly account and we love it.  It's actually how we play most games that we don't view as "keepers" or need to put a lot of time into playing.   We also use it to check out games if we aren't too sure about them so that we don't have to make the purchase and they end up being terrible.  IIf you do decide to keep a game that you are renting we found it's usually cheaper than buying it from Gamestop.  They also have a rewards program with three levels and the last level gives you 10% off your purchases and there's $5.00 coupons that you get.  

We have the two games a month option and it's $22.95.  There is another option for 3 games a month.  

To add in to what Siren brought up, you can "keep" games for the Used price of the game.  Gamefly will send you the complete case and all included (unused) materials and codes.  Now here is a trick I used a few times.

If you're smart with your game queue, you can be sent a new release game as soon as it comes out.  This basically means you're the first person to get the disc, guaranteed no scratches, and then can use the "keep" feature to pay the used price. 

Bam.  New game.  Lower cost.  All included stuffs. 

*thumbs up*

I tried the service years ago so it might be better now.

My biggest issue with this service was the inability to get the games I really wanted at the top of my queue. Anything new or recently released that I had up there in my queue got skipped for things down the queue because of low stock or something. I was early on adding them, nothing worked. I did not expect to get my top games every time but it seemed like I never got the top games on my list. Even older games. Once in awhile would of been nice.

It just felt like I was paying for a service for just random games to show up with no control over what was shipped. I ended up buying the ones I really wanted anyways so it did not work out for me.

My other issue was the inconvenience of mail. USPS is sloooooow in my area. The anticipation and excitement of a game showing up by a certain date was often crushed by the slow mail service.

Like Chris and siren said its great if you tweak your game q and keep track of everything. Otherwise it can be difficult to get new release games, but its a great way to play lots of games for little cash. Three months at two games is just over the price of buying one game. Plus if you're like most gamers after about three weeks most games have already lost their appeal.

Archived