Starhawk - This game is a gem!

vectordream

Watch this! Might want to turn on the HD setting since the vid quality is not great.

Haven't been around lately. Its been kinda busy with holidays and all. Was doing some extra work to make extra money but its quieting down now.

Anyways, in my quest to find new and out of the ordinary fun games I ordered this and a bunch of other games from amazon during black friday. I got it for only $11.85! Super cheap with good reviews so I took a chance. I gotta say this is one hell of a game! It is still only $15 on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Starhawk-Playstation-3/dp/B005185SDA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386490236&sr=8-1&keywords=starhawk

What makes it good? It's hard to explain. Its a weird hybrid of a cross between 3rd person shooting and real time strategy all at the same time. You run around the battlefield with all the weapons you would expect like rocket launchers, assault rifles, grenades, etc. What makes it so cool is as your fighting you can call in or orbital drop in buildings, vehicles and other items dynamically to help you out. Need some cover? Call down some walls. need reinforcements? Call in an outpost.

In a way it feels like your building a base in an RTS game but also participating in the battle as one of the soldiers on the battlefield while doing so. On top of that it has mechs!! There is a mech you can call down that can transform from a land walking robot to a fighter jet with homing missiles. Its quite fun and the flying is done well. 

A couple of things I can say is the camera can be bothersome at times buts its not a huge issue. Also, the campaign is on the shorter side but I am reading it is mainly getting you ready for online play. The campaign is very fun and definitely something you may want to replay on harder difficulties. I am 3/4 done with the campaign. If you have a PS3 I highly recommend this game.

I have to admit, it does look pretty awsome.  I don't usually play multiplayer shooters with a controller, but it does look like it's worth the cost.

Yeah only $15 bucks right now. It came out in May 2012. Never heard of it but man I hope they make another one on the new systems. The game is very fun.

Archived