Testing out stream

Skylark95

Other than the choppyness problem, the other think that was bothering me was that I had to play the game my watching through a small window on my monitor... when I changed the resolution of the window, it didn't fit in the JTV stream so I just played from a small window.

What I probably need to look into is some kind of splitter so I could play on my tv and steam to my pc at the same time.

Another question... do they make such a thing as an a/v splitter?

I want to try and do something like this...

splitterq.jpg

Yeah, you need this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10422&cs_id=1042205&p_id=2899&seq=1&format=2

That's a component spitter, but you're best off just going ahead and buying it. If you're using just single composite you would just use one jack of the splitter. To split the audio you would need an audio splitter. Something like this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=326&seq=1&format=2

You'd need two of them and then extra cables for both, but you should get the idea.

Otherwise, if you want to play on your monitor you can change the resolution then use VHScreenCapture to resize it to a suitable size for JTV.

Otherwise, if you want to play on your monitor you can change the resolution then use VHScreenCapture to resize it to a suitable size for JTV.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this.... I thought I knew what you meant but the output is still too large.

I tried again this morning and may have gotten it to work.

I ran an hdmi cable from my pc to my tv and extended the display like so...

cid061210115000.jpg

Then I opened multicam studio and dragged that over to my tv, then loaded justin tv, opened screen capture, selected the area on my tv, then got this as the video...

http://www.justin.tv/skylark95atc/b/265150610#r=gBIMR4Q~&s=li

http://www.justin.tv/skylark95atc#r=gBIMR4Q~&s=em' rel="external nofollow">

Anything I can do to improve, or did i do it right?

Looking great. You've probably made the window as big as you can get it without stretching the display so the size is fine. I would suggest, however, that you check the deinterlace option in Flash Media Encoder. That should get rid of the tearing you see during fast motion.

Also, if you're using VHScreenCapture to resize the image I suggest setting it to the size you want FMLE to send to JTV. That will provide the best performance. In other words, only one program is resizing the image instead of both.

Looking great. You've probably made the window as big as you can get it without stretching the display so the size is fine. I would suggest, however, that you check the deinterlace option in Flash Media Encoder. That should get rid of the tearing you see during fast motion.

Also, if you're using VHScreenCapture to resize the image I suggest setting it to the size you want FMLE to send to JTV. That will provide the best performance. In other words, only one program is resizing the image instead of both.

I don't think I have flash media encoder actually... I'll install that now.

And what do you mean by setting the size to FMLE?

I don't think I have flash media encoder actually... I'll install that now.

And what do you mean by setting the size to FMLE?

Ah, you're just using the direct Broadcast button on the JTV site right? Flash Media Encoder is a program that allows you to tweak the bitrate, etc of your stream and stream without going to JTV everytime.

Here's the Wiki on it:

http://community.jus...h_Media_Encoder

Pretty simple to use once you've set it up right. Also, with FME I can help you set up a batch file that can streamline the broadcasting process.

What I mean by setting it to the same size is this: Once FME is installed you'll have an input size listed. This is limited by the capabilities of FME, so you have to match one of those. What I mean is you might as well have VHScreenCapture resize it to the closest size you plan on broadcasting at. IE, if you want to do the basic FME window size it would be 640x360 . This size seem's incredibly small, but it works well. That's what I've been casting RDR at. Now, you can experiment with different sizes. 720x480 is standard NTSC resolution and if you wanted to cast at that size it probably wouldn't be a problem for you.

Anyhow, you set that to be the resized resolution in VHScreenCapture, and the input resolution in FME. Then, in FME you would set your output resolution to the same. That way it's only being resized once. In FME you will want to set your bitrate depending on your connection. I cast at 1000kbps video and 128kbps audio on a 1.5MBps upload bandwidth. If you have less or more you can adjust accordingly.

If the broadcast button works for you then by all means use it. Sometimes it's just plain easier. FME just allows more versatility in your stream options.

EDIT.

NP, just let me know if you need anymore help.

Archived