Sources Claim Next Xbox Will Be at E3 2012 and that the PS4 is in Development

Gamercide

Are you still in denial about the next Xbox being in development? Many gamers are even after the job title changings of many of the Xbox staff to reflect working on the next Xbox. What about if I told you that sources close to Xbox believe that the new Xbox will be at E3 2012 and they even go on further to say that a late 2013 or 2014 launch is in the horizon?

Sources are claiming that both Microsoft and their partners are gearing up for a late 2013 to 2014 launch of the next generation Xbox. The sources of this information range from chip manufacturers to middleware firms. Online game design website Develop even came up with a few possible hints of what some people in the industry are referring to as “Xbox Next”.

“* Develop understands that Lionhead is working on a project internally named ‘Fable Next’, which will launch on the new console.

* Epic Games’ new Unreal Engine would likely be available sooner than the 2014 date recently given by studio founder Tim Sweeney.

* One source still insists that an EA studio already has rudimentary Xbox console technology on desks. EA has flatly denied the claim.”

Develop is also making a claim that the Playstation 4 is reportedly in development citing very early game builds are being produced. Does all of this news mean we could getting ready for a console within the next year?

via Develop

tt-twitter.png Tweet This Post tt-facebook.png Post to Facebook

View the full article

I can be happy with it if the tech is nice enough. I don't want to pay out the nose for it but the Xbox is really dated in terms of hardware. It's awesome what they can do with what they have but a step up is inevitable. I would think they'd still be developing games for the 360 awhile after the new one. It would likely be the ps2 of its time. Thing will take years to die after a new console.

Can not wait, I love my Xbox, but it's pretty much hit its heights in terms of performance. Also with a new console cycle, we may finally get away from the FPS driven market and back to a more diverse gaming landscape. Probably not, but still, console releases always get me pumped about the potential for new innovations in gaming.

Archived