How do I mod my NookColor?

Twiztid Rose

Ok, I just looked at the post spawn made in the other Nook thread (sorry for making another, didnt know if it'd get an answer). He put a link to a wiki page showing how to root it or whatever. http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting

Theres one line I am worried about on that page, "Before rooting, you need to complete BN's registration process, you will not be able to link your NC to your BN account to buy books after rooting. Do Not Proceed with Rooting unless the Nook is Registered, You will not be prompted to register with BN once you have completed the Root Process."

The red underlined line, is the one I'm worried about. Obviously I will still want to buy books from B&N. Doing this makes it impossible to buy books?? Is there anything you can do that won't take away that ability?

Do not root unless the Nook is registered with B&N. Sounds like if it's already registered, it'd be fine.

I'd research it more, though, to be on the safe side.

Yeah, cuz I definately still wanna use it to buy books online. But I was worried about how that read. Mine is already registered though. I will have to wait and see if Spawn posts, he should know.

Archived