Astro A 30's

UND3RxOATH

I just noticed I said it was better than wired. I meant wired probably sounds better than wireless. I have a bunch of wires too. Even the wireless is just a receiver that plugs into the headset. Either way I was playing Halo yesterday and it reminded me how much I love them. You wont be disappointed

I just noticed I said it was better than wired. I meant wired probably sounds better than wireless. I have a bunch of wires too. Even the wireless is just a receiver that plugs into the headset. Either way I was playing Halo yesterday and it reminded me how much I love them. You wont be disappointed

Have you ever used the A40's by chance? I've seen too many people say "you're better off just spending the extra money for the A40's."

Yep. I have, that's the ones I'm currently using. Long story short, I ended up with both the A30s and A40s so I've had some time to test them both. The A30s have a little more bass than the A40s so you'll like that. However, the most noticeable difference I've found between the two is size. If you don't mind the on ear feel of the A30s then you'll love them. If you prefer over ear then the A40s are the way to go. I've been using the Sennheiser HD 595s for years and I'm just use to the over ear feel. So the A40s were the way to go for me. However, I did do a number of hours with the A30s and they are the BEST on ear set of phones I've ever worn. They are super light weight and you hardly notice them. Plus, I do think the A30s sound a little better for music. However, neither pair have ground to stand on against the 595s when it comes to music. For gaming, especially with the mixamp on a console though, they are fantastic.

Glad I made a great decision overall going with them. I wasn't too sure exactly what to expect, I did try the A40's on it blew me away while playing Gears 2. I'm not sure if I'll really "like" the on the ear feel the A30's have but as long as it doesn't suffocate my head like my old Triton ones did, I should be golden.

Archived