New Awesome Controller Coming Soon

LGWyant

lol, same here Ak, but i bought mine at walmart and still have the receipt :D ... This just in : Santa tipped me off that someone's going to win a pre-order for one of these in the giveaway \o/

Same here, Walmart with receipt. Do you think they would they take it back without the box?

I work there bro, so yes they should. Unless it's obviously something different or an item with a serial number. If the person at the counter acts like a jerk just ask for an assistant manager

Awesome! I kept the receipt because I got a one year warranty on it, but threw away the box yesterday. I think I'm gonna return it and go for the Onza Tournament Edition for $10 more then. Only thing I need the controller for atm is Super Meat Boy and racing games on the PC, and I'm mostly playing my shooters (keyboard/mouse preferred) at the moment anyways.

Those two extra shoulder buttons would be seriously handy on a PC game, and the cable is longer too.

I was able to return my wired 360 controller, and even got cash back despite using a gift card, since, even though I didn't have the box, I had all of the contents of it (I kept the manuals), and the receipt.

So now I'm officially going to be getting a Razer Onza, I'll preorder a Tournament Edition as soon as it becomes available so they don't go out of stock on me. :)

Same here, except I'm waiting til mine is here to return the controller. :P

I figure the release date is so cryptically mysterious, that it may be past the 30 day return period by the time it comes out and I get it after shipping lol (got my controller December 30th).

I think I've heard enough good previews of the controller that there shouldn't really be anything inherently wrong with it.

It is now available for preorder, and it says that it will ship out on February 28th.

Preordering now. :D

EDIT: F*** yeah! You can save around $15 by entering the coupon codes PWNG43 ($5 off) and RZRFRSH1PUS (Free UPS Ground shipping, which saved me about $10).

Found here:

http://www.retailmen...w/razerzone.com

So I got it for about $48, less than the listed price by a dollar lol. Yeah, I Google coupon codes if I see a box to enter them in at checkout lol. But things like this, and free shipping + 26% off all used games at Gamestop, aren't too shabby, I say. lol

EDIT2: On the e-mail confirmation it says that 2/28 is the "anticipated release date", meaning it could come out sooner if we're lucky, or more likely (but hopefully not) it could be delayed.

Two days later, and preorders for the Tournament Edition at the Razer Store are officially sold out. You can still preorder the standard edition, but it doesn't have the adjustable tension analog sticks, rubberized grip, backlit face buttons, or braiding on the cable. Still has the multifunction buttons, though.

• 1 month later...

I've got mine and I may write a review on it. It might not be very nice. lol

This thing is loud as hell. Every button clicks louder than a mouse click (which is a useless feature of mice I wish didn't have to be there to begin with). And when there is too much force feedback, the entire controller rattles loudly unless you grip it super tightly. Also the back and start buttons are unnecessarily moved to where they are out of the way at the bottom. The features like adjustable resistance and extra buttons are nice, but the loudness will take some getting used to. I don't think this controller will be very good to use at night when people are sleeping lol.

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed with how cheap this thing feels after its years of development and hype.

Archived