Dead Rising 2: Case West

Elite Effect (Jon)

Don't get me wrong I loved Dead Rising, but the timer just makes it seem dated and more of a pain in the *** then "fun".

We all have our opinions and I respect them all but this is exactly how I felt about Case Zero. The second I was having fun...... oh damn Katey needs her Zombrex gotta go, or the military showed up. I didn't give Katey her Zombrex one time to see what would happen. Nothing happened! Not even a scene or her dying or turing into a zombie. The game just ended lol.

To clarify I have never played DR1 but can we concur that there may not be a whole lot of improvements over DR1 except for the weapon building? Case Zero was great for $5 but we are talking about spending $60 on the full version. I don't know about you guys but I have to space out my game purchases these days. I think Halo is my game for this month. If I really have to have this it is going to be on sale. By then though I will probably have forgotten about this title in favor of something else.

Lastly, this game screams co-op. I know you can have two people but would it have been that hard to make it 4 with a couple of different character models other than chuck?

@GG

It's a survival horror game(or at least, survival game with a horror setting, since it just isn't intended to be scary). Taking out the timer would destroy pretty much destroy the survival factor of the game, making like every most other sandbox games where you just do the side missions, do the story missions, and then your done.

@Vector

If there isn't a whole lot of improvement from DR1 to DR2, then there isn't much from Halo 3 to Halo Reach, Gears of 1 to 2, Left 4 Dead 1 to 2, Fallout 3 to New Vegas etc..

Also, there is a 4 player mode, that is more like a crazy competitive game show. My guess is that they tried 4 player campaign, but it just made the game to easy, and bumping the psycho's health up even more probably wasn't fun(in co-op they pyscho's have more health to compensate for the extra player).

@GG

It's a survival horror game(or at least, survival game with a horror setting, since it just isn't intended to be scary). Taking out the timer would destroy pretty much destroy the survival factor of the game, making like every most other sandbox games where you just do the side missions, do the story missions, and then your done.

@Vector

If there isn't a whole lot of improvement from DR1 to DR2, then there isn't much from Halo 3 to Halo Reach, Gears of 1 to 2, Left 4 Dead 1 to 2, Fallout 3 to New Vegas etc..

Also, there is a 4 player mode, that is more like a crazy competitive game show. My guess is that they tried 4 player campaign, but it just made the game to easy, and bumping the psycho's health up even more probably wasn't fun(in co-op they pyscho's have more health to compensate for the extra player).

Still doesn't make sense, I mean you could just reload the previous save. I mean I would understand if there wasn't a save feature at all in the game. Like I said you could always have timed missions and free roam in between, timer doesn't make the game and it's retarded to have one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like reviews are out already for this game. it is getting pretty good reviews. Still getting it PaNfOot? I am still thinking about it.

They are saying the timer does not hinder your desire to roam since you can do objectives or not but there are certain story objectives you have to do on time to move on. I watched a video review on it and it was hilarious how many outfits and weapons you can get.

I loved dead rising 1 and played it until my disk broke and would have bought it again if I had the money. Dead rising 2 could be an exact clone of the first game for all I care, and I would still buy it. I don't mind the time system, it adds urgency to everything you do. Besides, if you have mad skills, then you can do objectives and BS around within the time limit. Also, on the marketplace they appear to be releasing skill packs as dlc. Hopefully they will add tons of cool things to play around with, compared to DR1's costume set that was added.

/words

Archived