Change monitor pc boots on

Skylark95

Now to make this clear... this is not deciding what monitor windows starts on, but what monitor shows bios settings and all the other text that shows up before the operating system starts.

The problem is I have a TV hooked up via VGA and a monitor hooked up via DVI. The computer always starts on the TV then switches over to the monitor. Is there any way that I can get the computer to start up on the monitor instead of the tv. My fear is nothing can be changed since the computer is just outputting to what display it detects first instead of my preference. I'm just afraid since the driver doesn't probably load until the OS starts.

So is there anything I can do to change that or will I just have to deal with it?

I'm looking at you dat or rincon. lol

Thanks in advance.

Now to make this clear... this is not deciding what monitor windows starts on, but what monitor shows bios settings and all the other text that shows up before the operating system starts.

The problem is I have a TV hooked up via VGA and a monitor hooked up via DVI. The computer always starts on the TV then switches over to the monitor. Is there any way that I can get the computer to start up on the monitor instead of the tv. My fear is nothing can be changed since the computer is just outputting to what display it detects first instead of my preference. I'm just afraid since the driver doesn't probably load until the OS starts.

So is there anything I can do to change that or will I just have to deal with it?

I'm looking at you dat or rincon. lol

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know you won't be able to change it unless you swap the inputs. Not exactly the best option though. Why do you need the monitor to boot up first anyhow? As long as you can see the bios settings on one screen or the other then there really shouldn't be a problem.

As far as I know you won't be able to change it unless you swap the inputs. Not exactly the best option though. Why do you need the monitor to boot up first anyhow? As long as you can see the bios settings on one screen or the other then there really shouldn't be a problem.

More just personal preference. Not a huge deal. I figured it wasn't possible but I thought I would check.

Archived