Deadliest Warrior - XBLA

ThermoNukePanda

Looks pretty awesome. I'm not great at most fighting games these days. I just can't keep up with all those hooligan kids with their "dash cancelling" and "super hyper mega destroy you by quartercircling analog sticks and pressing 13 buttons" moves. This game is a throwback to simpler times, when fighting games didn't have crazy moves you can't pull off.

So apparently this game got decent reviews. Anyone want to try it out? It'd be cool to fight Pirates Vs. Ninjas. LoL

I actually really liked it. The demo fails by putting the difficulty to Hard by default, so frustrated players may not give it a chance because they didn't find the difficulty settings in the options, but once you switch to normal and get the hang of it, it's actually pretty fun. I may get it. Are you, Chris? We could have Pirate vs. Ninja battles. :D

I like the simple controls, and though some may not like it, I really love how the characters take realistic damage, and the battles can be won in only a few hits. It's reminds me of Bushido Blade, which was awesome. In Bushido Blade, most battles are won with a single, unparried hit though.

If you rush with the ninja and do a XXYY combo you can pretty much win the battle with just that unless it's dodged or block. Ends the battle with a nice kick to the face.

If you get it, I guess I may have more reason to. The achievements are awesome as well. Kill 300 Spartans, chop all the limbs off of the knight, and win with one arm as the knight. 300 and Monty Python and the Holy Grail ftw!

I was watching Fatalshott rage to the game yesterday. lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like it more if I could actually beat someone.

What about the AI? Have you tried setting the difficulty down and practicing on them? It's not that hard of a game if you learn the few 3 or 4 hit combos of the character you are using. Then again, playing against other human players would be pretty difficult, because they are more effective at blocking and dodging and usually can't be beaten by cheap tricks like the AI can, such as blocking until they attack, then hitting back, basically taking turns with the AI.