Devil Survivor - Overclocked 3DS

vectordream

In my efforts to beef up the handheld section of the forums I wanted to mention this game that carries the Shin Megami Tensei name:

I picked this up recently and this game feels like a hidden gem. It was not immediate at first. I had to play a couple hrs and it really ramped up.

The graphics look classic since this is a re-release of a DS game for 3DS, but the gameplay is amazing. I am a sucker for turn-based combat and even more so if it involves a tactical grid and character customization like the latest XCOM.

It is challenging as well which I welcome. One or two wrong moves and it could cost you. Its got an interesting story and a demon collection system that reminds me of pokemon but in a darker way. You can also fuse them together to create more powerful demons.

I haven't been into the turn based combat in a while, but it looks like a game my brother would enjoy.

I love tactical turn-based RPGs. Seems like 3DS has the most.

The fusion system in this game is awesome too. So many different characters you can make. It feels endless. This game will kick your ass if you don't prepare for each battle. Just when you think your getting good the game throws you something new that can decimate your team. Its what makes me love it so much.

Archived