Update on headset search

Towncryer

The A40's I was going to buy on Amazon are not eligible for prime. So ok. I have to pay for shipping. W/E right? Shipping on this item is $30 for 3-5 days! 2 day shipping is: *Wait for it* $61! I just am not going to do that. It's the same on the Astros website. WTF?! NO. Anyone else feel this is excessive?

Pulled the trigger on Turtle Beach's PX5's.

http://www.amazon.com/Programmable-Wireless-Surround-Bluetooth-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6N64Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304905199&sr=8-1

Cost me $216 with 1 day shipping (Amazon Prime $3.99) I should have them Tuesday. These got a great review from GameInformer. They said they are better than the wired A40's for price, functions and sound. We'll see.I will give a full review of this product for all of the future buyers in our membership after a few days of use.

I can't remember what I paid for shipping. I find it odd it doesn't qualify, but I did end up paying a pretty penny for the headset. They are no doubt pricey. Understandable if they're more than what you're willing to spend. If so, step back to the AX Pros or possibly look into one of the other sets.

See 2 posts above. lol

Sold by Amazon so I can return them for any reason if I no likey. Another reason I went with these. Astros return policy had me a tad (not a lot) worried. Lack of saying "Worry free returns" really.

Also- If you watch the video on Amazon (located under the picture of the PX5's), you'll see that TB is going to release a blue tooth adapter for the 360 controller. No more wire from headset to controller!

Archived