Fail of the Day: UK Newspaper Blames Resident Evil For Murder without Resident Evil Being Involved

Siren

A UK newspaper out of Norfolk, England has blamed the Resident Evil series for a vicious murder that transpired back in May. Their reasoning behind the comparison of the murder and the zombie franchise is because the three murders who the media has dubbed the "Resident Evil Killers" tortured a 44 year old man to death by using a pool cue, burned his body with boiling water, slashed his body up, and then carved the letter "J" on the victim's face. A claw hammer and boning knife were among the weapons found at the scene. The trio of killers also mentioned the series while on the stand.

The judge sentenced Ricky Roys; age 20, Andrew Brown; age 42, and Helen Cooke; age 19 to only 23 years in jail and said that the "alcohol fueled crime" was "sadistic" in nature that the disturbed individuals clearly had intent on the killing the 44 year old victim who suffered more than 104 cuts and different injuries on his body. The trio who appeared in court compared the murder to the Resident Evil series as they attempted to defend themselves on the stand. Upon hearing of their defense, the British media took to the "comparison" like flies buzzing around the anus of a cow who is preparing to shat in an open field.

Apparently, I must have missed the gameplay somewhere in the survival/horror series where you violate someone with a pool cue, boil them in water, and carve their face up like it was a jack-o-lantern. Can the British media please show me where those scenes take place? I didn't think so.

via Crave Online

Click here to view the article