Stepto Speaks Out on "Predator" Hacker - "I would say 'reaching out for contact' is an extremely generous phrase"

Siren

Yesterday a hacker who goes by the name of "Predator" claimed that he hacked into the Xbox Live account of Stephen "Stepto" Toulouse who happens to be the head of the Xbox Live Enforcement Policy Team and said that he only wanted to help Microsoft. Toulouse who spoke to Joystiq regarding the incident is telling a far more disturbing story.

"He got an old cell phone [number] of mine, and yeah, he called it occasionally".  Toulouse then played it for Joystiq who said that they could not print the expletive and derogatory filled message because it was not suitable.

Toulouse later said, "I have a six minute one where he and his friend discuss all the different ways they're gonna have sex with my wife."

He also adds that most of the messages he has received are harrassment and that "Predator" is not just trying to "reach out for contact".

"I would say 'reaching out for contact' is an extremely generous phrase.  Most of the stuff that he leaves on there is flat out harassment. It's not contact. He's not trying to help or do anything. He's mostly just insulting me. And I get that from time to time. It's just the nature of my role. The kids sometimes try to go after me -- it's not that big a deal."

Toulouse did mention that his Xbox Live account was not "hacked" as "Predator" claimed and that it was a result of social engineering and that they are investigating the matter, because he believes that what he has been doing is a crime.

"What he did, from a lot of people's point of view, I think, is a crime, and we're going to be investigating that."

via Joystiq

Click here to view the article