Ready to Rebuy those XBLA Games?

Siren

xbox-live-arcade.jpg

If you answered no, then get ready to do a while lot of crying, kicking, screaming, and name calling.

According to Game Informer, a Microsoft rep has confirmed that gamers will have to pay again for the classic arcade games that they might have already in the game library, because the Game Room classic's are different from the "revamped" versions of the classic titles on the XBLA so they will not transer over. How much will this cost you again to purchase? The games will range in price from 240 MS points to 400 MS points.

With this announcement I am left to wonder if Microsoft is losing their marbles. Why on earth would I pay again for something that I have purchased prior to the announcement of the Game Room? Being a self described "Arcade Junkie" I have downloaded 40+ XBLA titles with many of them being the classics and I am not going to rebuy them just so that I can play them in the Game Room. Microsoft you can eat my shorts with that one and I'm sure you can eat the shorts of many other gamers with that announcement.

Click here to view the article