Skylanders Trap Force - Wii U

Siren

Has anybody played this or bought if for their kids?  We were at Best Buy and of course Granite and Logan spotted it and want it for Christmas.  We just bought them Skylanders Swap Force last year and I don't want to buy another starter kit for another Skylanders game if it sucks, because they are pimping this series out like crazy each year.

I can see the appeal really. You get to collect action figures/toys whatever. So you have the physical item to play with. Then they created a game system that reads and adds your figures into a game. Pretty cool stuff. I mean, when I was a kid we just made up shit for them to do, but in this day it does make sense how it sells.

What's nice about it is that each of the Skylanders from previous games are usually compatible with the next.  I do know that the ones we bought for them with swap force can be used on the new one.  Oh and with the new one...you can buy a kit which includes a tablet and controller that you play the game on.  You don't even need a console to play it...it stands alone.  I thought it was pretty nifty especially when one kid wants to play one game and the other wants to play skylanders.  I think we are going to get the tablet one and then a starter kit for the Wii U.  Granite and Logan fight like crazy over who gets to play what...so this will help!

I have the PS4 and iPad versions.  Bought both starter kits.  It's just more Skylanders honestly.  The new "trap" mechanic is pretty neat and the mini figures are cute as hell and are actually functional this time.  Overall, I prefer the iPad version because it doesn't tie up my television, it comes with the portal, a stand, and a specialized controller.  If you have an iPad, you can download a free to play version of the game to try it out.  Won't have the controller and what not that comes with the starter set, but it will let you try it out with a couple of free characters included.

There's no interaction between the systems, other than using the characters on whatever system they choose.  We've bought every version and every version of the characters now.  When I say every, I mean every single one.  It's insane....Between all the Skylanders stuff and the Disney Infinity stuff (Which I prefer to Skylanders, but that's a different story.)...We have way too many toys.  I also have all the Amiibos preordered.  Good luck Siren.  :)

Thanks spawn.  It sounds like we are going to end up picking it up for the boys for Christmas.  I'm just glad that this is the one game they don't fight over because they have so many of those skylanders figures they can share.  

Archived