American Horror Story - Freak Show

PeeKnuckle

I didn't know Jessica Lange was coming back this season.  It was a disappointing first episode, but since they always have so much to fill the first one usually is.  I'm hoping it will get better. At least it has a GD nightmare clown in it. Screw that mask.

The show is, at it's best when it's the love letter to the 1932 film Freaks.  The clown is the only "scary" part really, but even that isn't really that scary.

My main issue is the lack of staying true to the time period.  It really takes me out of the feel of the show.  The x-ray machine, the Life on Mars performance....Hell, the overly sexual scenes don't bother me at all compared to them shoving in a song that doesn't exist for 20 years.  It also appears it gets worse when they throw in Fiona Apple.

Hopefully this won't turn in to another Gotham (What a hot piece of shit that show is.) for me and I stop watching after 2 episodes.

Yeah, Life on Mars....Bowie released that in, what, '71? Ludicrous to have it on a show set in '52....Maddening!! I dunno. Hopefully they don't intro time travel or try to connect Asylumn or some other craziness. I just can't take it. Don't have HORROR in your title if you can't write a decent horror story.

Archived