Comic Book Recomendations for a comic noob

PaNfOoT

So over the past few months I started getting into comic books(finally getting around to playing through the rest of the arkham games and...just kinda wanted more batman). So far I have....

New 52 Batman vol. 1-3
New 52 Batgirl vol. 1-3
New 52 Nightwing vol. 1-3
New 52 Batwoman vol. 1-2
The Killing Joke
Batman: Year One
The Dark Knight Returns
Watchmen
Marvel Now Iron Man vol. 1-2
West Coast Avengers Omnibus

Any recommendations? (I guess more specifically any good older iron man story arcs I should look for?)

I use to be into comics years ago, and just recently found my old comic collection. I had more but I guess I lost them. I should get back into it maybe. I know a couple I have are going for quite a bit on Ebay. Sorry I can't help you on recomendations because I haven't read them in a long time. The last comic I got was Trinity. Superman Batman Wonderwoman. It was decent. I have problems reading comics now, just following them. I actually wouldn't mind novels  with comic book characters instead of comics.

The New 52 stuff has been hit or miss. Seems lime you've hit the big Batman stuff, for the most part. I'd also pick up A Death In The Family. The most famous and in my opinion best Iron Man story is the Demon In A Bottle story. Great stuff and really gives you a sense of why Tony is the way he is. Give Age of Apocalypse and Infinity Gauntlet a go as well. On the DC front, Crisis on Infinite Earths is hands down one of the most amazing arcs ever. The Walking Dead, Fables, Sandman, Spawn, Scott Pilgrim, Daredevil: Man Without Fear, Batman The Long Halloween, Kingdom Come, Preacher, Maus, The Boys....I could go on and on....Sitting at over 3000 single issues and about 1000 trades. Along with a ton of other random stuff, like novels and whatnot.

GG, as far as novels go, The Death and Life of Superman, Batman: No Man's Land, and Knightfall are 2 really good novels of big stories from the comics. Might also look in to some trades if single issues aren't your thing. It does make it much easier to read stories and are easier to keep,track of.

Huh.  Never, ever heard anyone recommend Shadowhawk.  Not saying that's a bad recommendation by any means, trust me, I have the entire first run...Just not what comes to mind first.  lol

Also, try out Alan Moore's Supreme, The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past.  I'm sure I'll think of more and post later.

Archived