Is this the real reason we never shown bin Laden's body?

PeeKnuckle

A new report at SOFREP, a website for U.S. special operations forces, claims to shed light on the issue of why photos of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's body were never released to the public. According to unnamed sources within the special ops community, the images would have been excessively gory, because contrary to reports from officials and those involved in the operation, U.S. troops fired countless rounds into bin Laden's body after killing him.

In his book, "No Easy Day," Matt Bissonnette, a member of SEAL Team Six involved in the bin Laden raid, writes that he and another SEAL fired "several" rounds into bin Laden to make sure he was dead. But sources tell SOFREP the shooting was far more excessive:

But this is perhaps the most measured and polite description that one could give of how operator after operator took turns dumping magazines-worth of ammunition into Bin Laden’s body, two confidential sources within the community have told us. When all was said and done, UBL had over a hundred bullets in him, by the most conservative estimate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/13/osama-bin-laden-death-shooting_n_4958147.html

You guys are commenting on what you'd do to his body. The question of the thread was, is this why we weren't shown the body?

I'd have rather known for sure, that we, the US, actually killed him. Now we'll never know because he was an unrecognizable stain on a floor in Pakistan. Although many believe he died long before that night in Pakistan.

I doubt this was the reason. I have to imagine the team that took him down was required to id him.  You couldn't have came back with some mutilated corpse without some proof. There should have at least been footage or an image of his face before it became a sport shoot.

They claimed they identified him via DNA testing which almost everyone in that field agrees couldn't have been done in the time frame our government told us it happened. Also remember that there were bin Laden doubles used in the past.

We were shown Saddam and Saddam's two sons. Hanged, bloody and/or shot up. The #1 most wanted man in the world though? Nope. Take our word for it. We got him! Murica!

If they did show the picture then truthers would have just claimed photoshop. Also with Sadam Hussein we were under different management. That probably played a factor. This explains the DNA match pretty well. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8107713

There is my answer. I would have shit on his bitch ass face.

Archived