Mass Effect Trilogy is a Possibility for PS4 and Xbox One

Siren

Bioware's Mass Effect trilogy may see a release on both the PS4 and Xbox One in the future. Details on a re-mastered release of the Mass Effect trilogy for the PS4 and Xbox One are not set in stone, however Bioware has confirmed that the topic has been discussed.

"We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen," posted Bioware's Edmonton and Montreal studios general manager Aaryn Flynn when asked on Twitterif Bioware has considered releasing a next gen version of the Mass Effect trilogy.

Currently, Bioware is working on another installment to the Mass Effect franchise. In a previous comment posted on Bioware's forum by Chris Priestly, it was stated that this will not be Mass Effect 4 as they are done telling Commander Shepherd's story.

"To call the next game Mass Effect 4 or ME4 is doing it a disservice and seems to cause a lot of confusion here. We have already said that the Commander Shepard trilogy is over and that the next game will not feature him/her. That is the only detail you have on the game. I see people saying 'well, they'll have to pick a canon ending'. No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side. Or with characters you know. Or yaddayaddayadda. Wherever, whenever, whoever, etc will all be revealed years down the road when we actually start talking about it.

"I do not call the game ME4 when I talk about it ever, because [sic] that makes people think of it more as 'what happens after Mass Effect 3' rather than 'what game happens next set in the Mass Effect Universe', which is far more accurate at this point. Obviously fans are going to speculate content, character and story until we actually reveal details in the years or months to come as you have almost no actual details, just don't get bogged down in 'well how are they going to continue ME3...'."

via IGN and Eurogamer

Click here to view the article

I completely agree.  All of these games coming out in the next couple of months for next gen consoles are available for the 360 or PS3.  I want a true next gen game.  Not one available for those consoles or that has been previously released.  One that was developed with next gen technology for next gen consoles.