Borderland 2 HELP Plz!

Dungeoncrawler69

Okay gents (pk), still on my first play through.  I'm lvl 12, just completed the Finding Firehawk mission.  My issue is I need some stronger firepower.  My question is what is the best way of acquiring it, random drops notwithstanding?  I have about 27K of ingame currency.  I'm still minus one locked weapons slot, so what should I keep and what should I excise from my inventory?  Any other helpful tidbits of info would be most welcome.  Oh yea, spoilers don't bother me :).  Thanks gamercide, cough...pk :P

In the beginning you want to use the SHiFT golden keys, which you can find archived here. Be sure to register for SHiFT.

Not sure which character you're playing, but keeping a fire weapon is a good thing. Early enemies are mostly human and burn really nice.

Srry pk, I'm running a Commando.  Seems pistols are usually the fire-based weapons, at least in the beginning.  What about brand?  Is there a specific/better maker of weapons?  Thanks for the help.

edit- srry about the shout-out in public forum, I just know you've played the game mucho :)

No worries, man. Everyone here knows I am all about BL2. lol

Each manufacturer's guns do something special. Jakobs fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, Tediore guns get thrown on reload causing a small explosion depending on the ammo count in the gun at the time, Maliwan are always elemental, Bandit have extended clips, Hyperion guns start out inaccurate, but get super accurate the longer you fire them and Dahl guns when scoped, burst fire and finally, Torgue guns are always explosive.

I actually don't have much time in as a Commando and don't rightly recall his strengths skill wise. I do know you can unlock fast ADS (Aim Down Sight) which is really helpful. I believe he has skills related to assault rifles which frankly blow in this game. Not even kidding.

Srry pk, I'm running a Commando.  Seems pistols are usually the fire-based weapons, at least in the beginning.  What about brand?  Is there a specific/better maker of weapons?  Thanks for the help.

edit- srry about the shout-out in public forum, I just know you've played the game mucho :)

I've played the Commando a bit. I went down the left skill tree for heavy turret support. Seemed to help out with large groups of enemies and by the time you get down to the last skill, the slag turrets will help greatly as you should be starting the second playthrough. 

As far as guns go, avoid AR's as they are weak compared to a good pistol or smg. Also don't forget to get some corrosive weapons for all the robot enemies. Lastly, as mentioned in other post the golden keys help out early in game for loot that will help you progress with ease. 

Thanks guys.  Right now I'm relying mostly on a sniper rifle.  It seems a little op, and I can't remember where I obtained it from.  I believe it was a pre-order bonus or something?  What is really a hindrance right now is the magazine size for all my weapons.  The shotgun I use does decent damage, but god it only fires like 3 shots before needing to reload.  About the shift codes - how do you know which ones to use?  I'm sure I'm missing something, but maybe not (concerning code use).  I will say the more I play, the more I like the game.  I'll start playing, and suddenly a couple of hours have passed :)

Use this link. They're the updated ones. http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_SHiFT_Codes

Golden Keys will let you open the golden chest in Sanctuary. Then there are weapon codes, class mod codes, etc. Get those too. Don't have to use them.

Thanks pk.  I'll try and post my current three weapons slots for your critiquing pleasure :)

Archived