OBS Is Awesome

Dungeoncrawler69

Purchased a new cap card - ExtremeCap U3.  Specs allow 1080p @ 60fps.  Unfortunately xsplit doesn't seem to like that resolution with this capture card.  So I figured I'd give obs a try.  The setup has a learning curve, but thankfully lots of tutorials on youtube.  After getting it setup, I'm kinda stunned at the quality achievable with almost zero performance impact over xsplit.  My licence expires in April, and at this point I'm not sure I'll renew?  Obs is an excellent alternative to xsplit.

edit - is this even the right forum :P

Good a place as any. I'm in the same boat. For a while I was using both, but I haven't even opened XSplit in a long time. I have several licenses expiring soon and I see no reason to renew.

Still doing the two computer stream setup? How much is that card?

Just checking, cause I like to follow dem rulz  :P.  I'm still setup to use two pc's for streaming.  However the testing I did with obs (heard you mention it a time or two also), I don't really see any improvement over a single pc.  Think I paid $170. but sold a couple older capture cards, and a couple old gpu's.  Out-of-pocket was only like $50.  The only drawback is it does not support pass-through directly.  To run in on a second monitor you would need an hdmi splitter.  

yea dude, i think just about all of us switched to OBS. It is by far superior to xsplit. Which I havne't used in over a year. Xsplit uses up way to much.

Happy new year gg.  I streamed for about 2 hours off-n-on earlier.  Still getting the hang of it(obs).  I was having a terrible time with screen capture.  Couldn't figure out why the performance was so bad while playing mlb2k12 for the pc.  Console capture is a breeze, cause the console is doing all the hard work.  Finally figured out I was trying to stream 1080p @ 60 - downsampled the stream to 720p and everything was fine.  Still can't figure out why the extremecap u3 isn't allowing 1080p preview?  Submitted a ticket to avermedia.  Anywho, always a pleasure sir.

Not bad for a new capture card. I still don't run into too many games that give me trouble streaming on just the PC. OBS is definitely where it's at now. I still have the ole Black Magic hooked up downstairs. It doesn't get a whole lot of use, but it still works just fine with OBS.

It originally had a little more delay than XSplit but now with Twitch built in delay, It's hard to tell either way.

Since the subject is still fresh, I'm actually starting to get some trouble with OBS. I use to could run it easily on my computer and not even notice a difference in FPS in games, but now it's starting to slow me down, almost like Xsplit. Is there a way I can revert back to an older version?

Archived