Flappy Bird Creator Takes Down Game

Siren

Dong Nguyen, the creator behind the surprisingly successful mobile game Flappy Bird has officially taken the game down and it is no longer available for download. Nguyen claims that the success of Flappy Bird has "ruined" his once "simple life".

In a series of Tweets, Nguyen says "I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore.", followed by "I can call 'Flappy Bird' is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it.".

Flappy Bird has been pulled out of the Apple store and Google Play, however if you already downloaded the game, you can still play it.

According to IGN, Nguyen receives around $50,000 a day in ad revenue. Nguyen claims he will keep developing games despite how horrible he has it after the success of Flappy Bird.

Click here to view the article

It's a ridiculous world we live when a guy cant put up a free game and people just enjoy it. There are plenty more shit games out there that don't get their creators death threats.

What's also really silly to me is the people that are trying to sell their iPhones on ebay with the game installed for $1000+. I mean, yeah it's a flash in the pan game that is no more, but it's damn sure not worth $1000....but then again, somebody help me put my iPhone up on ebay and get me paid!